Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

uninstalling windows vista 32bit

• 15-08-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have a dell xps M1530 and i wish to uninstall windows vista on it as ive to install dell mediadirect 3.5 before the operating system.I didnt notice i had to do this so now i must uninstall to install this cd. Does anyone know the steps to uninstall vista. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops.
    Don't bother with that Dell media direct stuff, waste of time imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sounds like far more hassle than its worth to me tbh... Do you really want to lose all of your data and spend days setting everything up again just to use some poxy Dell software?

You shouldn't have to uninstall Vista anyway, just install Mediadirect which will wipe and repartion your drive, then install Vista.
    Do you really really really want to though?

Google is your friend anyway;
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=041031D196A7CAC0E0401E0A551752CE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Moved from laptops.
    Don't bother with that Dell media direct stuff, waste of time imo.

unfortunatly not

i fitted a new hard drive to a dell laptop once, unsed the entire drive to make c:

owner pressed the media direct button instead of power to turn it on, media direct lauched from bios, noticed that its partition was missing and wiped the hard drive and made 158gig of unused space and a 2gig partition at the end of the drive

OP as mentinoned just back up your stuff and boot the pc of the mediadirect cd it will change all the partitions and your vista install will be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

how do u boot it from the cd i dont mind losing stuff as its a new hdd anyway nothing is on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

tonydude wrote: »
    how do u boot it from the cd i dont mind losing stuff as its a new hdd anyway nothing is on it

turn on pc
    insert mediadirect cd

turn off pc

turn on pc and start tapping F12 ever 2 seconds

a menu will appear choose cd/dvd rom

the rest is based on the way the cd works, so you'll have to follow its instructions

• Advertisement
Advertisement