Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Pubs are there left in Galway with a pool table?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I just saw this thread and thought of something that was said to me 7 or 8 years ago.

I told the person who was running a bar in Prospect Hill at the time that his bar was very nice and it only lacked a pool table as a finishing touch.

What he told me in response was "Pool tables are for gangsters"

The name of the pub he was running... Pacino's. :rolleyes:

Used to do a mighty cheap breakfast in that spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sineaditis

JustMary wrote: »
    No idea.

But when I walked past (2-3 weeks ago?) it was shut, with a "To Let" sign outside.

I've heard a story that the landlord in the Wheelhouse changed the locks: the bar manager turned up for work one morning and found he couldn't get in. No idea how true it is though.

Well it's not true,don't post what you 'heard' unless its fact. If you are so keen to post stories like this,please conact the manager of the pub before doing do in order to avoid posting useless gossip.

Advertisement