Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn v Man City

• 15-08-2009 3:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Is no one watching this or something?

Great start by city, hilarious that Tevez is on the bench!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Think there was some discussion in the thread for all fixtures. Good finish but bad defending as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im trying to watch it but cant find a decent stream, stuck listening to it on today fm with Frank Stapelton commentating.

"After all the hoolaballoes about it before the game in the Darwin end, great striking there in anwyays from Adeboyer, bursting the onion bag, woof"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

He's unfit, so Xavi6 says.

grea goal from ade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tevez isn't fully fit. Heel injury was mentioned.

Great strike from Adebeyour, nobody followed him from midfield, great counter attack from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

hilarious that Tevez is on the bench!!

Heel injury, not fully fit, etc etc

Anyway, what a feckin start and a crackin finish from Ade.

• Advertisement

Any1 got a stream? If anyone is looking for a laugh listen to Frank Stapleton on Today fm, fckn hillarious... linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Has SWP had a brain transplant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Is no one watching this or something?

Great start by city, hilarious that Tevez is on the bench!!

Excactly what I was thinking.....
    Let's hope we do well here today against Blackburn...They are such a bogey team for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

brilliant goal...
    wer going to see more of that this city

brilliant goal...

Hopefully in the next few minutes:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

http://hqsportz.net/chan1.html

working well for me.

Dunne looking shaky :(

shano_88 wrote: »
    http://hqsportz.net/chan1.html

working well for me.

Cheers but keeps saying that my country's quota has been exceeded, presumably cos im the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

did you see that bench tevez, de jong and zab. weve got some nice options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone with eircom broadband can watch it on the homepage afaik

I like City's black jersey btw-yellow looks a bit crap though up close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Blackburn really do play an awful game....So much dependence on long balls/set pieces. Typical Allardyce

Our defence is still ****

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Our defence is still ****

yep.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ManC have scored according to the stream I just launched but nobody seems to have said anything here... wtf?!

brilliant goal...
    Sully wrote: »
    ManC have scored according to the stream I just launched but nobody seems to have said anything here... wtf?!

1-0 adebayor

• Advertisement

With the amount of money Bellamy is paid, he shouldn't be offside 3 times in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

With the amount of money Bellamy is paid, he shouldn't be offside 3 times in 15 minutes.

You're right, that's Adebayors job!:pac:

givens hvaing a bit of trouble here

this is getting ropey now, blackburn are getting stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

shocking defending...........great save.

All over the shop. Cannot defend corners

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Cracking counter attacking goal that for Ade.
    Dunne and Toure looking a bit dodgy so far. And surprise surprise Blackburn get a free header from a corner just there.

Just in case anybody doesn't know, this is being shown on Setanta Ireland. And Lou Macarri isn't on the commentary, thank fook.

Given made a great save there. I think any defence would have trouble against these direct long balls. Bburn should score soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Defense is a shambles still. :pac:

• Advertisement

ireland and swp cracking players. lovely move by the lads there. theyll be the core of this team for a few years

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Blackburn really do play an awful game....So much dependence on long balls/set pieces. Typical Allardyce

Blackburn have played a good mix today so far, they have passed the ball and made some good runs into space at times.

They have also knocked it long to the big men.

Man City do not look comfortable at all in defence, especially in set pieces.

You have to play to your own strengths, and the oppositions weaknesses, if that means the long ball game so be it.

I know at the end of the season id much rather have stayed up playing that game, than gone down (a la west brom) by trying to emulate the big clubs style of attacking football.

In fairness, the City backline is completely exposed because no one from midfield is tracking back.

Blackburn have played a good mix today so far, they have passed the ball and made some good runs into space at times.

You have to play to your own strengths, and the oppositions weaknesses, if that means the long ball game so be it.

I know at the end of the season id much rather have stayed up playing that game, than gone down (a la west brom) by trying to emulate the big clubs style of attacking football.

I agree its them playing to their strengths and it makes sense for them to do that. I mean, its all about results. Still makes them bad to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In fairness, the City backline is completely exposed because no one from midfield is tracking back.

This.

Barry isn't happy to sit back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Stream down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

stream is dead- anyone have a new one?

Diouf injured. Awww shucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I`d be amazed if the score stays like it is :) City dont look too hot at the back , I have dunny in my FF team today :D

Stargate

stream is dead- anyone have a new one?

Back now

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Diouf injured. Awww shucks

Wasn't a nice tackle he got, it wasn't intentional but it looked like it was sore,

i'd prefer to see him off the pitch anyways, and i'm a Blackburn fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Great goal by Ade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Is the eternal sub Tevez on yet? The old soother might get thrown out of the pram soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

Any one else getting the maximum number of subscribers for your country?

In France...

davyjose wrote: »
    Is the eternal sub Tevez on yet? The old soother might get thrown out of the pram soon.

For about the fifth fucking time HE ISN'T FIT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm not a fan of the long ball / hope for a set piece school of football but you have to give Alderdyce respect for his clear focus on his own style. It's good to have a variety of styles in the league as well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bigstar wrote: »
    ireland and swp cracking players. lovely move by the lads there. theyll be the core of this team for a few years

only while Hughes is manager imo...

Wonder if Tevez will come on at half time? Otherwise he wont be happy...

Wonder will Xavi fall for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any sign of Tevez? :pac:

When Tevez is fit, he will go out and do what he is capable of for City, of that I have no doubt......
    And if he has to spend time on the bench, he might as well get Michael Owens number and pass the time texting to him......'cos he's bound to be sitting there injured for a fair amount of time:P

The Tevez thing is a bit annoying tbh, if people bothered to find out why he isnt starting before coming in here making stupid remarks then you will know why he is on the bench.

EDIT: not going to happen is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement