Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

guys leggings

• 15-08-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey,
    just asking this on here ,
    i normally were pairs of leggings around the house,
    didnt think it was that big a deal, but my mate seen them and she says lads shouldnt were them at all, what do you's think is it not ok to were them even if its just around the house

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Eww.

Sorry, that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What do you mean by leggings?

Like skin tight ones that girls wear with dresses or long t shirts? Is so then burn them immediately.

I call tracksuit bottoms leggings too so if it's those then that's quite alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Actually for the first time ever I just saw a guy wearing them earlier today.
    Totally gay looking, I'm not sure if that was his intent, but that was the result!
    Leggings are for ladies, and that's that, any bloke trying to make out that they can wear them is a tosser :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

First post? Hmmm

Man leggings is just taking it a bit too far imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

if its in your own house and your comfortable in them then who cares what your mate thinks! your body - wear what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Oh my gayness!! No, never, just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I can't even imagine it ?? But it's a no sorry :o

Oh comboms, if thats what you mean, are ace. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! [:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    Totally gay looking,
    Oh my gayness!!
    I love that clothes can make you gay. I know what I'm getting you guys for Christmas.

Anna Molly wrote: »
    Oh comboms, if thats what you mean, are ace. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! [:
    Wots a combom?

OP, leggings are great if you are out running or cycling or whatever but as a fashion item of apparel? Euwwww no.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If one more person describes an item of clothing as 'gay' I will infract or ban them. Last time I checked clothing did not define your sexual preferences. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Clothes can't make you gay, but using the word gay in a derogatory sense can make you a dickhead.

As for the fashion of blokes in leggings? It's a massive no. I don't care if All Saints or American Apparel think its a good idea, because its not. If I was out with my mates and we seen a lad in 'meggings', we might give him a bit of stick . Not because he's eh....'gay', but just because he's an idiot.

In a fair sized group of pretty fashionable lads, I don't think anyone has even raised the idea of this yet, so thats a good sign. DO NOT WANT.

Comboms are cotton bottomss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just plain no! their womens clothes. Woman being the opposite of what you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

unless they're the kind runners wear, mens leggings are a travesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

PaulieBoy wrote: »

PaulieBoy infracted for trolling and ignoring a mod warning. Next time it will be a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You can wear whatever you like in the comfort of your own home. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hah. A friend of mine (Psuedo-Topman-skinny-jeans kinda guy) has worn them on a couple of occasions. Womens ones mind. As much as I'd hate to admit it, he made'em work.

But then again, the leggings are probably the least of his crimes against fashion... Fur jacket, anyone? Gold jumpsuit? The list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 q?

no not the skin tight kind,
    the baggy sort of ones

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I don't think they're for the everyday kinda guy, but I have seen them a good bit lately and think they look cool! When I've seen them it's been at a dancing/glitter/face paint kind of night, not just on a stroll down to the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

can someone post a pic of exactly what were talking about?

Well this is what I'd be talking about
    legg3.jpg
    leggs.jpg
    leggs2.jpg

You can buy them in American Apparel, but I haven't seen anyone wear them around Dublin yet to be honest. If you look at Dublin Streets or Fashion Filosofy I suppose us Dubs are pretty conservative compared to our European brothers and sisters (Look at these mad Germans), but there's a fine line between brave fashion and taking the piss me thinks.

Twee, would I be right in guessing Tac? (A pretty anything-goes funtime/themed night in The Button Factory) In such a setting I suppose they'd not be as LOLsy, but I would do a double-take to be honest if I seen them on somebody scrolling through Stephens Green. Maybe I'm a grumpy young old-man, I don't know.

I actually think Dublin is quite a fashionable city that doesn't really push the boundaries but that can be a good thing too, the classics are always done well and you'd know a well dressed Irish lad/young 'un a mile off. If we go down the road of 'meggings' and Lady GaGa spinning globe hats.....we'll be no different from the silly Germans.

PrivateEye wrote: »

Twee, would I be right in guessing Tac? (A pretty anything-goes funtime/themed night in The Button Factory) In such a setting I suppose they'd not be as LOLsy, but I would do a double-take to be honest if I seen them on somebody scrolling through Stephens Green. Maybe I'm a grumpy young old-man, I don't know.

No more Tac for the time being, but we have War @ Spy every Friday instead :D Lots of meggings there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i really hate "that's gay" answers that pretty much any fella who posts here will no doubt get...it actually puts me off posting here sometimes. OP, if you like wearing them at home then go ahead and i certainly would not laugh or point out a fella wearing them around town...altho, if a fella is gonna wear them then make sure to wear a longer t-shirt too...one of my pet hates are girls (and maybe guys as well now...!) wearing a waist lenght tshirt and JUST leggings!

^I post here alot and I love wimmens. I see your point, sometimes people actually start their posts by going 'Hurr Durr I have a question about fashion but I also am a man so am I allowed post here?' More blokes post in The Ladies Lounge, what up with that.
    i certainly would not laugh or point out a fella wearing them around town
    In fairness, it'd be hard not to. Sometimes fashion is just bad and laughing at it is permitted.

For example:

209cb45319e84f9e87a747cfc2154d8461d7404f_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

^ok, that did make me laugh in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Around the house is fine, i wear them sometimes around the house while lounging, they're comfy. The GF doesnt mind. But NEVER in public!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lyndy

If your happy,well why not. At least your open minded about things than some of the other posters who are stuck in holy ireland (circa 1950's)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement