Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton V Arsenal PL

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

What makes the result even more amazing is that there was no sending off for Everton. I mean Everton are a pretty decent outfit, I havent watched the match but is it a case of Arsenal being unstoppable or Everton being pish poor or a mixture of both? Im worried for Celtic now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Song was my MOTM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lovely, that'll ruin a few peoples' clean sheets! :D

:mad:

saha is dead to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Brilliant stuff from The Arsenal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

allybhoy wrote: »
    What makes the result even more amazing is that there was no sending off for Everton. I mean Everton are a pretty decent outfit, I havent watched the match but is it a case of Arsenal being unstoppable or Everton being pish poor or a mixture of both? Im worried for Celtic now!!

bit of both infairness as an Arsenal fan I can conceed that Everton's defence were very poor today giving away way to many free kicks. With that said most of the goals were good finishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mix of both. Arsenal were solid in the first half and took the goals well and then Everton weren't arsed. Was easy for Arsenal from there in the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How poor were Everton. It was embarrassing to watch them. Great result though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Arsenal where good today but my god that Everton team should be ashamed. Guttless from each and every single player. Thing that would get to me if i supported Everton is the fact they are a team built on spirit and fight and they just gave in today. Very worrying for Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How poor were Everton. It was embarrassing to watch them. Great result though.

Have to give Arsenal credit though, new formation worked out very well, very solid in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Lots of positives to take away...great to see Eduardo back and looking sharp (at least compared to the Everton defense). Van Persie, Arshavin, Fabregas were all great...so much creativity. The big thing was the performance of Song and Denilson. Both were the epitome of mediocrity last season. Song...this could be his season...much improved and like a new signing. Denilson's looked better and took his goal really well. With the likes of Walcott, Rosicky and Nasri all to come back and Wilshire, Ramsey, Merida and Vela all with the potential to make an impact this season looks exciting in midfield and attack. Don't think Adebayor will be missed (despite his great goal today).

Defensively, we did well but I don't think we have great competition in that area and I think Toure is a big loss. To cover all I can think of are Djorou, Gibbs, Traore and maybe Eboue...all ok but they aren't going to compete with the 4 that played today. I think we still need an experienced, versatile defender who can provide real cover and maybe compete for a place

The other big problem with Arsenal is the quantity and length of our injuries. We seem to be very unlucky with serious injuries. Eduardo and Rosicky for 18 months, Walcott and Fabregas for three months last season and Walcott again now. Plus Nasri's broken leg. If we can stay clear from serious injuries from now on, we should compete for the league title. I'm not sure we have the quality of the highest level required for the latter stages of the Champions League.

Everton's defense was very poor today. Pissed I took Saha out of my fantasy football team when I heard he wasn't starting today. At least I have Van Persie with his two assists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was shocked by Everton today.

In particular, Gallas and Vermaelen's goals. Identical balls whipped into the box and not one Everton played even jumped! Just let the goals happen. That was 3-0 and game over, party time for an impressive Arsenal.

I still have doubts over the Arsenal midfield though, its very slight, i could see a team like Chelsea bullying them, Everton were gutless and offered no resistance.

Credit where its due though. Exellent start for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Just seen a pic of Fabregas at the end of the game holding up a jersey and kissing it with something printed on it, can anyone enlighten me!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

89812352.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D08DDE686FAC149EAE0F074386B50A7D9BE96551E5D0B0A079

Tribute to the Espanyol captain Jarque who died last week. Twas a nice gesture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just seen a pic of Fabregas at the end of the game holding up a jersey and kissing it with something printed on it, can anyone enlighten me!?

He held it up after he scored his second aswell.

It was for Jarque

Advertisement