Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing to cavity block, how???

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a little help, again!!!
    I'm about to hang kitchen cabinets on the wall and would really like them to stay there.. The wall is dabbed drylined (no battons) on a cavity block. Would I use the long frame fixings (by those I mean the long threaded screw and grey rawl bolt). I think they're called frame fixings???
    I'm just concerened about the amount of concrete they will go into (unless I hit the mortor or centre of the block..

Thanks again

Anto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

Frame fixings will do the trick even if you do hit the mortar joint

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What you could do is cut out the plasterboard at the height where the top of your presses are going to be, and down whatever width timber you want to use, so use those fixings to fix the timber to the cavity block,

The you can screw the presses up onto this, you can also put a piece of timber near the bottom of the press if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

It would be awkward to cut a piece out of the plasterboard I think I'll go directly into the wall with the fixings.
    Thanks for the advice.

Anto

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Nail horizontal battons to the walls and fix the presses to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

there was a thread some time ago either on the diy, or electrical forum, they were saying that 2inch electrical conduit, ie 2 horozontal strips on the plasterboard, then screw the tv holder on to them, would easily take a 42inch plasma, you need to check this out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement