Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke Alarms going mad.

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum but anyway, I have two wired smoke alarms that was fitted by the builder of the house. Over the last while the alarms staring going off by themselves for no apparent reason. Today, they have went off about 9 times. They always go off together and there is no reason for it. I have dusted them etc.

Does anyone have any idea what I might do about this? It has went off at random hours in the middle of the night too, which is a nightmare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but because of the importance of smoke alarms, I'd get an electrician to look at them ASAP. It's a good sign that they go off together, btw, means they're linked so you get earlier notice if it should happen.

The other (maybe obvious!) thing is to check that nobody in the house is burning an incense stick, or anything like that? They can be quite sensitive.

Advertisement