Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Men: Real Combat, Plastic Men!

Options
  • 15-08-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Did anyone ever play this series of games on the PC? Freakin' awesome!

screenshot3.jpg

I'll get a few more screens up later, they seem to be hard to come by. Army Men II was especially awesome, I remember the opening level. Started off in the kitchen facing off against the Tan Army. Had to get across the cooker and avoid the cockroaches. One of the first games I had growing up on the PC. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

my cousin was into them. i never played them. i remmeber there were things you could do like use a magnifying glass to protect your troops from other army men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Overheal wrote: »
    my cousin was into them. i never played them. i remmeber there were things you could do like use a magnifying glass to protect your troops from other army men.

They were awesome man! And yeah, a magnifying glass was one weapon you could use. In the later games you could also use the likes of fly swatters and paint cans!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

AHH I remember this game,brings back memories :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

if i remember rightly these were some of the worst scoring games in reviews ever :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

0ubliette wrote: »
    if i remember rightly these were some of the worst scoring games in reviews ever :D

aye thats the only thing i remember from them, sub 30 odd % scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The later on games that adopted 3rd person shooter type gameplay were utter tripe but the first few games that had the top down perspective that played like an RTS were amazing. Screenshot in the first post is what I'm talking about, that was from Army Men: Toys in Space.

Advertisement