Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4A1 Gearbox Problem

Options
  • 15-08-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Got this off Eirsoft yesterday and it was firing grand enough when I tested it. However, I went to test it today and it wasn't firing at all. Initially I thought the battery was flat so I changed it for a fully charged up one that was working in my other guns. Having done this, it was still not firing at all. When I pull the trigger now I hear a quiet noise coming from what I assume is the gearbox in the pistol grip. It sounds as if something is engaging within the gear box. If I disconnect the battery it stops making this noise.
    Any help you can give me is much appreciated, bearing in mind I am in no way experienced at tinkering with the insides of the guns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

The noise coming from the pistol grip is the motor. If you bring it back to them, they will sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

The noise coming from the pistol grip is the motor. If you bring it back to them, they will sort it out.

Anyway I could attempt to fix it at home or is it beyond my means?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I suggested returning it for repair because you mentioned you had no experience tinkering with AEGs.
    It could be that the motor height is not set correctly, just turn the middle screw on the bottom of the motor grip counter-clockwise about half a turn.
    This will loosen the engagement between the pinion gear and bevel gear.
    It is still under warranty, so your best bet is to let the lads in Eirsoft sort it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It might just be a gearbox lockup, it can happen when the piston rests in the pre-cocked position and if the battery is running out. theres a few ways to sort it but the handiest is to use a fully charged battery and fire it in fully automatic mode. a 9.6v battery will work great if you have one.
    If it doesn't work you can bring it into the lads and it'll be cleared pretty quickly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Thanks for the advice lads!
    I'll have a look at it tonight and if I dont make any progress I'll let Eirsoft fix all my problems :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement