Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep talking / moving!!

• 15-08-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Twice this week I have been woken in the middle of the night by my boyfriend talking and moving in his sleep.

The first night he sat straight up in the bed and was shouting something and talking but i couldnt make out what he was saying, he suddenly turned round and pulled the pillow from behind my head, he then sat on the side of the bed and then lay down again and went to sleep. It really freeked me out.

Then last night he started again and sat straight up in the bed and started shouting for his niece to give it back. I put my hand on him and said his name, he lay down then and went back to sleep.

He has never done this before, he is going through a hard time at the minute as is father is terminally ill and his mother is in dublin in hospital after falling and hitting her head, she still has not woke up and its been 3 months.

Would this be causing him to do this?? I just want to try and help him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

i often wake up talking crap..but my husband sleep walks and when he is stressed he walks all around the house (so funny) when he was in his teens he woke up at the bus stop ...dressed for work (it was a sunday):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Ya i wouldnt worry about it, i sleep talk the whole time the boyfriend finds it quite hilarious!! It usually happens to me when im wrecked tired!! So it is probly down to the stress hes going through!! Like i could have a full blown conversation with the boyfriend but i wouldnt remember any of it!! He then tells me what i have been saying and tis quite hilarious!! And i have sat up in the bed 2! so i would just say he probly needs to go to bed a bit earlier and isnt going to bed until his shatterd! And maybe a relaxing evening to take his mind off it before he goes to bed would help alot especially as it seems as though he hasnt been doing it before this situation it is probly stress related!

Advertisement