Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up to anyone on Vodafone going to Asia

• 15-08-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I was roaming on Vodafone bill in Asia recently.

While in China, every time my sister on meteor text me I received her text message exactly every 61 minutes while I was there, I got the same 4 or 5 messages every 61 minutes which got very annoying. I ended up getting the same few messages more than 500 times, I lost count after I deleted loads.

When I rang the roaming customer service number, I was on hold for 20 minutes while they thought up some cock and bull story as to why it was happening. They came back with the problem was my sim card was a late 2007 card which is supposedly known to have issues, why don't they tell people this if its true. They told me they would cancel my sim card and told me to get someone in Ireland to buy a new vodafone sim card and post it out to me in China. WTF?

Btw vodafone have absolutely no coverage in S.Korea, mobile internet is deducted from the Vodafone live 500mb package in China and Japan even though I was told I would be charged 99c a day for mobile internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nephew wrote: »
    When I rang the roaming customer service number, I was on hold for 20 minutes while they thought up some cock and bull story as to why it was happening. They came back with the problem was my sim card was a late 2007 card which is supposedly known to have issues, why don't they tell people this if its true. They told me they would cancel my sim card and told me to get someone in Ireland to buy a new vodafone sim card and post it out to me in China. WTF?

As far as I'm aware, if Vodafone put your mobile number on a new sim card, it would have to first register off the Vodafone IE network before it would be possible to roam on a foregin mobile network. So if you do go ahead with getting a sim swap, ask a friend or family member to put your new sim in their handset and get them to make a call, e.g. to voicemail, Vodafone customer care etc, before sending it to you.

Advertisement