Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Accidental text message thread.

• 15-08-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

A few day's ago I was sending a message to the girlfriend in which I was mentioning a flatmate. Somehow, I managed to send the message to my flatmate instead and not my girlfriend.

Message basically said "Come over tonight, the fat cow is out with her friends from work."

Obviously didn't go down well with her and I got a fairly rude reply from her saying she wants me out. Major cock up on my part, but it doesn't really matter as I was moving out anyway. :D

So, Has this ever happened to you? What was the message about and who was it meant for? Most importantly who did you send it to? What was their reply?

I assume it's happened to plenty of people out there, so, we should get a bit of a laugh out of this if all goes to plan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Again?

Oops, meant that for another thread. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My mate once sent a message to his gf's dad (who's a cop) asking if he had any grass :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

I always thought "Accidental Texts" were a myth. The ones I've received, have always been intended for me (I found that out later). Some people have a propensity for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

lol.. ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

why would he have his girlfriends dads number in his phone?????

• Advertisement

Shelflife wrote: »
    why would he have his girlfriends dads number in his phone?????

I dunno, but I'm sure it's not that uncommon. They were together for over 2 years when it happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 couch13

I once sent an explicitly dirty text explaininng what i plan on doing to my bird to my mother, its been awkward ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Just got a PM meant for another user about a ridiculous text message thread in AHs.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Just got a PM meant for another user about a ridiculous text message thread in AHs.:pac:

Is there one? I did a quick search but didn't come across anything.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just horribly slow and you're being sarcastic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

ste88m wrote: »
    Is there one? I did a quick search but didn't come across anything.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just horribly slow and you're being sarcastic. :D

I can't find it.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

One of my mates has an ongoing "yore sister" abuse going on years. I texted him asking if he was coming over drinking, and was thankfully unusually non-explicit. Was something like "are you coming over drinking? we're starting around 7. And bring your sister too"

But sent it to my father by mistake, who obviously copped on to my mistake, he sends back "Not tonight thanks, I'll give your auntie Mary a ring though, she might still go"

I was blessed it wasn't the usual filth I would have sent.

rubadub wrote: »
    One of my mates has an ongoing "yore sister" abuse going on years. I texted him asking if he was coming over drinking, and was thankfully unusually non-explicit. Was something like "are you coming over drinking? we're starting around 7. And bring your sister too"

But sent it to my father by mistake, who obviously copped on to my mistake, he sends back "Not tonight thanks, I'll give your auntie Mary a ring though, she might still go"

I was blessed it wasn't the usual filth I would have sent.

So did any of your mates score with Auntie Mary?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Did this before when I was sending a very long text to my then girlfriend and got another text halfway through. So I saved it in drafts and replied to that one and went back to work. Unfortunatly it got saved as being intended for my friend who had texted me and I forgot to check. I very quickly sent him another text not to read it for his own sake :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

A mate (Joe) owed myself and another mate (Brian) for a job we had done for him.
    Anywho, I heard that Joe's missus was just after giving birth.

I sent Brian a message
    "that's the end of our money, heard Joe's missus just calved, if the child's as big as her they'll need all the money to feed it".

Yes, I sent it to Joe.
    Thing was, Joe is dyslexic, he was with his missus when the phone beeped and got her to read the text message for him. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i do it fairly regularly. Recently Used List catches me out constantly. nothing too bad but recent highlights:

Out with two friends, one male, one female. female had recently broken up with her boyfriend so she was suffering 'withdrawal symptoms'. texted my male friend saying i was upstairs in the club with her, but sent it to her instead 'xxxx is crying, gimme a few minutes'...luckily she saw the funny side.

'haven't seen pay in ages...at least six months at this stage, getting sick of it, but i know ill get it eventually'...intended for one of the lads who works for the same company, but sent to the boss! never heard anything back about that and ive talked to the boss plenty since.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I once sent a text to my brother that was supposed to go to my best mate. The text; details on the best nookie I had had the previous night with a randomer.

I'm only haunted I sent it to the brother I'm most close to & he has a sense of humour. Nonetheless MORTIFIED!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Yip while in another country working sent a text to a workmate that was meant for my misssus basically telling her how much I missed and loved her. It started "Hi princess" He is now known as princess and im his prince:)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

"xxxx (my boss) has his head so far up his own ass he cant see whats going on in his own company"

obviously i sent this to my boss and not my ex work mate that it was intended for!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

ste88m wrote: »
    A few day's ago I was sending a message to the girlfriend in which I was mentioning a flatmate. Somehow, I managed to send the message to my flatmate instead and not my girlfriend.

Message basically said "Come over tonight, the fat cow is out with her friends from work."

Obviously didn't go down well with her and I got a fairly rude reply from her saying she wants me out. Major cock up on my part, but it doesn't really matter as I was moving out anyway. :D

So, Has this ever happened to you? What was the message about and who was it meant for? Most importantly who did you send it to? What was their reply?

I assume it's happened to plenty of people out there, so, we should get a bit of a laugh out of this if all goes to plan.
    Do we have the same flatmate???

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

DigiGal wrote: »
    Do we have the same flatmate???

I somehow doubt it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

kind of off topic, but its a good one...

i was out drinking with a friend from work (padraig)

he took my phone, unknown to me, and began texting another guy from work (donal)

he initially was sending flirty texts, then as donal responded with equally flirty ones, they got dirtier (donal obviously thought he was texting me)

eventually he texted "i want you to fu*k me"

he then gave donal my address and said that id be home at 3am

padraig and i then got a taxi together, as we lived near each other

he was in hysterics teh whole journey home and i couldnt figure out why

anyway, i was in my kitchen just dawdling around when at 3 am teh doorbell rang

it was donal, (who was sober), leaning up against teh wall all macho looking wink wink

me, being a bit pissed, asked him in and it was only after a few mins i thought to ask him why he was here

he replied "you told me to come and fu*k you"

me: "eh???????"

after much protesting and denial, we looked at our phones and figured out what had happened

he left shortly after, fairly sheepish looking

in fairness to my mate padraig, twas a good practical joke!

He should have just fcuked Padraig

get the value of the texts at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

the mother in law, very attractive woman in her 40s, yes one of them kinda blondes,
    myself and the missus, her daughter were trying for a baby ,about 3 years ago, and while at work i sent the wrong message to the attractive mother in law,

and i was very surprised at the reply, lets just say it was very promising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

While they were on holiday in Thailand, my brother's mate once sent a text on my brothers phone to our auntie that read 'Two wrongs dont make a right, I just rode two brassers and I feel great!'

Her response was 'There could be an entire Thai branch of the family we don't know about!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Was with a mate once, he had his GF with him, he meant to text another mate saying he was gonna break up with her that night......guess who he sent it to :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Years ago, an old school friend (let's call her Mandy) had been hassling me to come to her dance class. She wrecked my head sometimes so I always had an excuse not to go. But I did go to a dance school somewhere else. After one particularly fun lesson I text my dance partner and said ''that was a great class, don't tell Mandy we went though. She'll be moaning at us for not asking her to come, just wasn't in the mood for her today!''... and of course, sent the message to Mandy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Was with a mate once, he had his GF with him, he meant to text another mate saying he was gonna break up with her that night......guess who he sent it to :L

:eek: Stinger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Clare Bear wrote: »
    :eek: Stinger!

Was even funnier when she read it, swift slap and she was gone :L

Advertisement