Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Accidental text message thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

sam34 wrote: »
    kind of off topic, but its a good one...

i was out drinking with a friend from work (padraig)

he took my phone, unknown to me, and began texting another guy from work (donal)

he initially was sending flirty texts, then as donal responded with equally flirty ones, they got dirtier (donal obviously thought he was texting me)

eventually he texted "i want you to fu*k me"

he then gave donal my address and said that id be home at 3am

padraig and i then got a taxi together, as we lived near each other

he was in hysterics teh whole journey home and i couldnt figure out why

anyway, i was in my kitchen just dawdling around when at 3 am teh doorbell rang

it was donal, (who was sober), leaning up against teh wall all macho looking wink wink

me, being a bit pissed, asked him in and it was only after a few mins i thought to ask him why he was here

he replied "you told me to come and fu*k you"

me: "eh???????"

after much protesting and denial, we looked at our phones and figured out what had happened

he left shortly after, fairly sheepish looking

in fairness to my mate padraig, twas a good practical joke!

Did you post this somewhere before? Sounds very familiar! Great story though :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A mate (Joe) owed myself and another mate (Brian) for a job we had done for him.
    Anywho, I heard that Joe's missus was just after giving birth.

I sent Brian a message
    "that's the end of our money, heard Joe's missus just calved, if the child's as big as her they'll need all the money to feed it".

Yes, I sent it to Joe.
    Thing was, Joe is dyslexic, he was with his missus when the phone beeped and got her to read the text message for him. :o

Just spat tea all over my screen :o I've sent a couple of wrong texts, luckily though they've all been completely innocent. My Dad's just retired and had to hand back his company phone, so I'm trying to learn his new number. Turns out there's some randomer with the exact same number as him, except the last digit is an 8, not a 0. This poor sod has had a lot of texts from me recently. I have to keep apologising to him, he says he actually finds it quite funny, but I'm skeptical as to how long that'll last. Especially since the last text I sent him was asking for a loan of €100 til pay day next week :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Got hold of a mates phone out on the piss one night, he was texting the gf all night so near the end of the night I put his mams name on the gfs number in his phone and the gf down as the mam. He went on to send her a big love you so much sexy good night text. The mam text back going love you too and signed it Mum.

He was mortified :D

Toots* wrote: »
    Just spat tea all over my screen :o I've sent a couple of wrong texts, luckily though they've all been completely innocent. My Dad's just retired and had to hand back his company phone, so I'm trying to learn his new number. Turns out there's some randomer with the exact same number as him, except the last digit is an 8, not a 0. This poor sod has had a lot of texts from me recently. I have to keep apologising to him, he says he actually finds it quite funny, but I'm skeptical as to how long that'll last. Especially since the last text I sent him was asking for a loan of €100 til pay day next week :o

Why don't you just save his number in your phonebook?!!! :confused:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Why don't you just save his number in your phonebook?!!! :confused:

I do, but I also know it off by heart, and that's the way I usually send texts (I'm a bit weird, like to keep the old mind active etc) but if I'm rushing, I often hit the 8 instead of the 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was joking around with one of my mates a few years ago, we'll call her Ms. X. We were both big Pedobear fans, still are. I pretended I was Pedobear in one of the texts and said "I'm going to rape you. ;3" Meant in a harmless way of course, directed at this friend. Sent it to my girlfriend by accident of course, which I then tried to politely explain that the message in question was meant for Ms. X, who the girlfriend strongly disliked.

The interrogation didn't end for two weeks after, almost resulted in her leaving me.

I <3 Pedobear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

A mate of mine (Rob) was showing off the texts he was getting from some bird while we were out boozing one night.
    One of the texts from her was something like "do you want to come over to my place for some tea and crumpet"
    Anyway, I got hold of his phone and typed up the reply
    "Go stuff yourself"
    and showed it to another mate who simply nodded in approval. Then I hit send.

Took Rob a while to discover why she wasn't replying to his texts anymore and even longer to convince her about what really happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I had this chick i was mad after send me a text saying she 'shavd for me babe' and i was gonna get it. then i sent her one back and she said it was meant for her bf.

i think the bitch was only trying to make me jealous or something but i don't care. hear she is up the pole now. soon she will have no thread left on the tyres so nothing to be jealous about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I dunno, but I'm sure it's not that uncommon. They were together for over 2 years when it happened

And the girlfriend knew nothing? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was joking around with one of my mates a few years ago, we'll call her Ms. X. We were both big Pedobear fans, still are. I pretended I was Pedobear in one of the texts and said "I'm going to rape you. ;3" Meant in a harmless way of course, directed at this friend. Sent it to my girlfriend by accident of course, which I then tried to politely explain that the message in question was meant for Ms. X, who the girlfriend strongly disliked.

The interrogation didn't end for two weeks after, almost resulted in her leaving me.

I <3 Pedobear.

So hang on. You sent your girlfriend a text saying "I'm going to rape you" and then explained that it was infact meant for another girl, and she got mad???

• Advertisement

So hang on. You sent your girlfriend a text saying "I'm going to rape you" and then explained that it was infact meant for another girl, and she got mad???

Well my girlfriend at the time knew all about Pedobear, and I'm known to have a dark/twisted sense of humour, so I didn't think she'd see much of it. Boy was I wrong! :eek:

Well my girlfriend at the time knew all about Pedobear, and I'm known to have a dark/twisted sense of humour, so I didn't think she'd see much of it. Boy was I wrong! :eek:

Never underestimate the illogicality of jealous people. Once when I had a boyfriend I sent a text to him that was actually meant for a (male) friend saying "I'm going to spank the arse off you if you don't shut up" (we were all in the cinema) and then, in my innocence, turned around to the boyfriend and whispered "Sorry sweetie, that wasn't for you, it was meant for Paul" BAD IDEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ahahaha ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

ste88m wrote: »
    Obviously didn't go down well with her and I got a fairly rude reply from her saying she wants me out. Major cock up my ass, but it doesn't really matter as I was moving out anyway. :D

So, Has this ever happened to you? What was the message about and who was it meant for? Most importantly who did you send it to? What was their reply?

I assume it's happened to plenty of people out there, so, we should get a bit of a laugh out of this if all goes to plan.

FYP lol:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I am forever sending people the wrong texts. normally it's if I am b*tching about them but the worse time I ever did an accidenatl text is teh following (thing i wrote about this before)

was sending dirty texts to my boyfriend - as you do bored in work. anyway had written something to him like

"oh my God, I'm so wet. can't wait to get home and get these clothes off me" something to that affect anyway. hit send then was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delivered mum. then heard tje dreaded reply tone. "Why is it raining in Dublin? it's been lovely here all day. make sure you take a hot shower"
    good save me thinks!!

Terri26 wrote: »
    I am forever sending people the wrong texts. normally it's if I am b*tching about them but the worse time I ever did an accidenatl text is teh following (thing i wrote about this before)

was sending dirty texts to my boyfriend - as you do bored in work. anyway had written something to him like

"oh my God, I'm so wet. can't wait to get home and get these clothes off me" something to that affect anyway. hit send then was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delivered mum. then heard tje dreaded reply tone. "Why is it raining in Dublin? it's been lovely here all day. make sure you take a hot shower"
    good save me thinks!!

Wait a minute...familiar methinks

good save me thinks!!

OMG!!! I actually went red there for your benefit!! :D:D:D My mother is that innocent, she would have sent the exact same reply!

You're an awesome mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Few years back, I met a guy on a sunday morning and gave him my number.

I'm in work the following Tuesday and I get a text from him asking me out. Around that time I was reading 'The Rules' (book about dating etiquette) which a friend had given me. So....I text my friend the following...'It's only tuesday and he's asked me out which is good 'cos the Rules Book says if he hasn't asked you out by the thursday for the upcoming weekend, it's a bit late and he's not that keen'.

Guess who I text that to though...? Oh the embarrasment :o He rang me a few minutes later to say I'd given him the best laugh he had in ages. He'd heard of this particular book and knew exactly what I was talking about!

Certainly broke the ice for our first date though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

like I said at the startt of my message - think I wrote about this before already on boards. well i actually wrote "I thing I wrote about this before"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I always send texts to the wrong person.

Especially people with the same name, or similar names.

I'm also unlucky in that two of the people I'd text fairly regularly have names that are are near identical. Makes for lots of wrong texts to the wrong person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

karmabass wrote: »

couldnt understand a W O R D of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

ste88m wrote: »
    I somehow doubt it. :D
    Why so...cause she booted you out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

good save me thinks!!

ha ha ha god bless irish mammys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

DigiGal wrote: »
    Why so...cause she booted you out..

Is your Landlord / flatmate a fat Cork woman in Dublin 9? :D:D

I was leaving anyway. It just made me move a bit quicker as she didn't take it too well! :D

You're an awesome mother.

TBH it's more a reflection on me than you! I obviously spend too much time giggling at these sort of threads on the net :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Dankoozy wrote: »
    I had this chick i was mad after send me a text saying she 'shavd for me babe' and i was gonna get it. then i sent her one back and she said it was meant for her bf.

i think the bitch was only trying to make me jealous or something but i don't care. hear she is up the pole now. soon she will have no thread left on the tyres so nothing to be jealous about

I lolled at the 2nd paragraph,sounds like a bit of vented up anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Sleipnir wrote: »
    A mate of mine (Rob) was showing off the texts he was getting from some bird while we were out boozing one night.
    One of the texts from her was something like "do you want to come over to my place for some tea and crumpet"
    Anyway, I got hold of his phone and typed up the reply
    "Go stuff yourself"
    and showed it to another mate who simply nodded in approval. Then I hit send.

Took Rob a while to discover why she wasn't replying to his texts anymore and even longer to convince her about what really happened.
    why would you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Did you post this somewhere before? Sounds very familiar! Great story though :D

yeah, there was a thread a few months ago about someones doorbell going at 2am, so i posted this there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

The lad i work with was telling me this story the other day. His friend met a girl from Englad a few weeks ago when he was over there and is planning on meeting her again so they've been texting each other.

He was flirting with this girl from Ireland and was texting her saying how she'd love his hard cock and sent this to the girl in England. She wasnt happy with this sort of message and asked him was he seeing someone.

So he text the lad i worked with explaining what happened and saying to him that he was going to say that the two of them got in a fight and the lad i worked with text the girl from England from his phone to get back at him. He sent this message to the girl in England as well.

The lad i work with had to send this girl a message on facebook saying he sent both messages and did it when he was drunk and cant even remember sending them.

Advertisement