Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kusadasi barber in Westport

Options
  • 15-08-2009 5:39pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a haircut in the new Turkish barber earlier - ten euro, in and out in five minutes, nice neat haircut, finishing touches with a straight razor and some sort of flaming torch gizmo. Also, a huge and really comfortable barber's chair.

I was impressed. I'll be going back - I might even try a hot towel shave one of these days.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Had one in Galway a couple of years back and it was great.

Will be down visiting the in laws shortly, where is it op?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I think it's called Market Lane? Between Bridge Street and the Mill Street car park - go up the laneway past Xtravision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Was the flaming torch gismo not for the gorilla hairs coming out of Your ears?? :p

Nope, they're still there.

Unless they grew back in the meantime...

(Shouldn't you be at work??)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grellan1

Hubbie was only saying the other day that it is harder and harder to find a good old fashioned barber who knows how to cut mens hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Don't know anything about kusadasi, but McKennas formerly of Bridge Street now on Market Lane have been barbers for three generations in Westport, so must be doing something right.

nuac wrote: »
    Don't know anything about kusadasi, but McKennas formerly of Bridge Street now on Market Lane have been barbers for three generations in Westport, so must be doing something right.
    I've been there a couple of times - no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Its €12 in Ballina for a haircut.....thats the price across all the barbers. There is a cartel of sorts. Next time I'm in the port I'll pop in and give the turkish barber a try...if only to save the €2.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭dozydelilah

is that barber shop not unisex???? they do womens hair aswell, but apparantly the girls that worked there walked out!! for some unknown reason. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HibsAreIt

Theres no decent hair dresser for men in westport,still havent tryed this place but will give it a go...Mckennas or Desmonds are good for giving the bowl cuts out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement