Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VFC SCAR-H SSR

Options
  • 15-08-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering does have any info or experience with the VFC Scar SSR or even the VFC scar-h, thinking or buying the ssr and there's not much information on the net about it.

Thanks Mark:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

solid bit of kit, as with there vfc light (well any vfc product ) finish is exceptional along with build quality, mid caps have only recently come out so that a plus point, gearbox is solid, nylon bushings something to maybe replace in time, best to change the hop up bucking as well ot know to be the best as stock from my experience

been waiting for the vfc eglm before i finally get my scar heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Puding wrote: »
    solid bit of kit, as with there vfc light (well any vfc product ) finish is exceptional along with build quality, mid caps have only recently come out so that a plus point, gearbox is solid, nylon bushings something to maybe replace in time, best to change the hop up bucking as well ot know to be the best as stock from my experience

been waiting for the vfc eglm before i finally get my scar heavy

yeah the nylon bushing would put me off it had a vfc416 with nylons the definitely need to be changed out if i get one

well i would see no reason to take the gearbox appart the gearbox just for the bushings, i ran mine for a good year and only changed them when the piston stripped, at 1j nylon bushings can serve you well unless your looking to push the rof up, all a personal choice, just things you can do with it not major flaws with the vfc offering in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

VFC SCAR's are awesome bits of kit. The L and the H are the same thing bar the aesthetics of the bigger, 7.62mm mag. The SSR, in turn, is just a H with longer barrel and an extra few inches on the top receive. Internally, all three are identical, and works of art externally. A H was on my list for a long time but, much like Puding, I was holding for the EGLM. That plan changed though, I've gone and ordered that SSR. I couldn't help it, I'm a sucker for a chunky DMR.

I've gone and ordered that SSR. I couldn't help it, I'm a sucker for a chunky DMR.

looking forward to seeing the pictures, as i have to agree it a lovely and unique bit of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hey, will those 7.62mm mags fit into your standard M4 mag pouch?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

i wonder will standard sr25 mags work in her tho, think im going to order a ssr anyway, what colour you one did you buy dex

i believe only the vfc specific mags will fit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

personally i think it looks like something that came out of an Alien attach on a Lego factory.

but as far as quality goes, VFC are top notch. ive modded and upgraded loads of them in the past and although there are a few common weakpoints in the VFC family, the overall quality is very good.

The bushings, as puding mentioned are usually 7mm nylon and ive seen a few of these collapse after a few months use. they can easily be changed for 7mm bearing types which will improve the accuracy of the shimming and remove the flex from the gears under load. this gun might not even have the nylon ones in since the recent KAC PDW is running on 8mm bearings it would suggest they have moved on with the V2 and updated it a little.
    the cut off levers and trigger block are another weak point and its not uncommon to hear of them only firing in fully automatic. this may be a problem that VFC have since fixed though, since the SSr is a latest release.
    The motor's are known to last about 40-50k rounds before packing in too. you could stick a Gaurder M120 in there when you get it to save yourself the bother of doing it later on.

Advertisement