Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green collar madness

Options
  • 15-08-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Some people say Ireland should develop a "green" economy and create "green collar jobs". I say no way, this is insanity. It has been tried in Spain and the results were roughly 2 jobs lost per every green collar job created.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/Public/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcid=46453

The price of electricity will rise significantly because of these insane politics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Did you read the study that the article refers to? It's at http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

It's very obviously constructed for a political purpose in the US. The conclusion that there were two jobs list for every one created is, to put it mildly, specious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

what makes you say it was constructed for a political purpose in the US

SLUSK wrote: »
    what makes you say it was constructed for a political purpose in the US

I suggest you read it. It's obvious.

Are you suggesting that what they are saying is not true?

SLUSK wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that what they are saying is not true?

Yes.

Have you read the thing? Do you understand it?

• Advertisement

I think so, seems alot of jobs were lost due to energy prices rising because of investments in green energy. This power sources do not provide enough energy.

Advertisement