Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane BILL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

supercell activity

gfs_srh_eur27.png

rain activity

gfs_pw_eur27.png

not sure what to make of these charts to be honest but they exist so hey ya never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Blame it on the

redsunset wrote: »
    supercell activity

gfs_srh_eur27.png

rain activity

gfs_pw_eur27.png

not sure what to make of these charts to be honest but they exist so hey ya never know

I'm led to believe that it's called a "Hiccup"......;):mad:

gotta love Met Eireanns vis sat images

http://www.met.ie/sat/full-v.asp

okay they updated

when I posted it the lhs was blank

This was Bill on sunday skirting the east coast of the states.looks nothing like that now unfortunately. new york was lucky,only matter of time before that city is under water

Hurricane-Bill.jpg

weather warnings issued.....:D

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

HEy!
    Anyone thinks its any use trying to go out to howth or somewhere 2nite to try get some stormy sea pics even if i go out late?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Iancar29 wrote: »
    HEy!
    Anyone thinks its any use trying to go out to howth or somewhere 2nite to try get some stormy sea pics even if i go out late?

Strongest winds for that area won't be until around 3-6am. Winds will probably be about 25 mph, gusts could be up to 50mph. I dunno if it'll look too dramatic in the dark.

Cheers thanks.......hopefully the *EVIL Twin * will pack a better punch!

* Storm CHASER IN THE MAKIN *

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Cheers thanks.......hopefully the *EVIL Twin * will pack a better punch!

* Storm CHASER IN THE MAKIN *

While its likely to be a bigger storm overall looking at those charts hurricane bill will give the most stormy sea conditions on the east coast. Taking pictures in the dark aren't gonna come out to well unless there's some kinda strong light (or lightning if you happen to be fantastically lucky). If you do go out at night though, a video camera with night mode is probably the best way to go.
    While the winds with this aren't going to be too violent, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go out into bigger storms (unless you're mad like me:pac:, and well a few on this board:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

goin bye the charts and forecasts i think somr people are makin a bigger deal out of this than it is.it will prob be a normal north atlantic weather system ie a bit of wind and rain....same as every other system that gets throw at us bye the jet stream......id like to be wrong but i have my doubts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I wonder what Ian McCaskill has to say about it :)

howlinwolf wrote: »
    goin bye the charts and forecasts i think somr people are makin a bigger deal out of this than it is.it will prob be a normal north atlantic weather system ie a bit of wind and rain....same as every other system that gets throw at us bye the jet stream......id like to be wrong but i have my doubts

true it'll be wind and rain,however its the fact that its an ex hurricane just makes it somewhat more exciting.

hurricane.jpg

Rolling-thunder-cloud-a.jpg

Oh if only:pac:

trogdor wrote: »
    While its likely to be a bigger storm overall looking at those charts hurricane bill will give the most stormy sea conditions on the east coast. Taking pictures in the dark aren't gonna come out to well unless there's some kinda strong light (or lightning if you happen to be fantastically lucky). If you do go out at night though, a video camera with night mode is probably the best way to go.
    While the winds with this aren't going to be too violent, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go out into bigger storms (unless you're mad like me:pac:, and well a few on this board:p)

ILL see how its gets! .......I ll keep the oul video camera on stand by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Its all a bit of a storm in a d-cup if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Is that band of heavy rainfall approaching the south west coast on the rainfall radar on met.ie part of Bill ?

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Is that band of heavy rainfall approaching the south west coast on the rainfall radar on met.ie part of Bill ?

I'm afraid it is. There's no going back now, is there...

Heavy rain and flooding and strong winds expected with this "hiccup". Be careful of surface water too. Drive carefully tonight and into tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Some torrential rain now showing up on the radar towards the southwest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Current location of the low (983 mbs) is about 51.5 N 20.0 W. Track is east-north-east becoming more north-east by 00z, and I expect it to track through Galway and Mayo on the way to central NI by 12z.

The rainfall presentation looks fairly impressive and I continue to think the west and south could see 20-35 mms overnight, probably more like 15-25 mms for eastern counties. There appear to be a few thundershowers embedded, expect these around 0300 in south-central Ireland (they may skirt the southwest and move inland near Cork).

Winds will probably peak around 0300-0600 hours along the south coast (west coast should only be windy to Shannon estuary) at SSE 35 mph with gusts to 55 or 60 possible. High tides are around 11 pm tonight and 11 am tomorrow and these could see water levels about 0.5 metres above tidal predictions, in south-facing harbours, possibly up to 1.0 metres.

These are all "medium" or moderate impacts. The storm will probably seem significant but not monumental to most people, but one or two places could get some serious flooding from the rainfall given the prior state of the water table.

and yet Meteoalarm have not issued a warning yet. I just don't understand it. Should we just wait for the history lesson tomorrow?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Rainfall seems to be intensifying at it encroaches inland. Looks like a few nice cells in the main band aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

we laugh at ex tropical lows in mayo, bring it on, lol
    rain you say, a gust of 50 mph , me sides are spliting:D

some serious looking pulses of rain enbedded in inside system,could be some cool thundersstorms mixed up in this....

anybody any updates on bill,s evil twin,are we still expecting something more from that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 yansnow

any updates of bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

This heavy rain is steadily making its way towards Dublin.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Not seeing anything unusual or different from what's implied in previous forecast ideas, update from me around 11 p.m. Location of centre appears to be 52 N 18 W. Winds at the M6 buoy have dropped off to light easterly indicating the centre is about to pass south of there.

The guidance on the "evil twin" system won't change until at least midnight. It's going to be much more of an event in the north than Bill, not so much of a difference in the south which gets more from Bill than the north (in terms of wind speeds).

Difference is, Bill is in a weakening phase of development while the evil twin (I am renaming it grumpy twin) is in a deepening stage of development when it passes Ireland on Thursday. So winds will keep increasing with it, instead of slowly decreasing, point for point down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

karlog wrote: »
    This heavy rain is steadily making its way towards Dublin.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

we should be getting a soaking in castlebar anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

It's already started to rain in West Limerick :(

• Advertisement

whats with met eireanns update? going by its rainfall radar the west is getting some heavy rain at the mo but when you look up latest reports its not raining in most places? they just love sitting on the fence dont they

Advertisement