Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese/Indian Takeaways in the Dublin 18 area

Options
  • 15-08-2009 7:16pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,873 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently moved to the Dublin 18 area and am looking to get myself a takeaway this evening.

They must do deliveries because I currently have no car, and don't live within walking distance of anywhere.

Looking for a chinese or an indian, that's cheap. I have 10euro cash on me, so would like somewhere were I can get food and delivered for that!

I'm on the Leopardstown Road, sort of near Sandyford and near Stillorgan, if that matters.

By the way, if you recommend Indian, I've never had one before. Not a fan of super-spicy stuff, anything you'd recommend?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Firstly, you might find it difficult enough getting anywhere delivered for 10 euro :|

In general though, I would recommend the below places. Myself and the few lads I live with would eat from them regularly enough - too regularly if I am honest.

An Indian called Akash in Blackrock is one of the best take aways in the country in my opinion. Their lamb dishes in particular are excellent. This opinion is shared by pretty much everyone I know that have eaten there. You can specify whether you want your disk mild, medium or hot so you don't have to worry about it being spicey. Would personally recommend their Lamb Jalfrazi and Lamb Lal Massala Wali dishes.

Treasures Chinese take away in Stillorgan is one of the better Chinese take aways in the area. Generally not that spicey in my opinion.

In terms of chippers, Leo Burdocks has just opened in Dundrum and is generally always worth the trip.

You can also collect orders in Eddie Rockets in Stillorgan if you are a fan.

• Administrators Posts: 53,873 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Aye I can't collect cause I've no car at the moment so they'd need to do delivery. Stillorgan would take about an hour to walk to! :D

What's the prices like in those places?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

awec wrote: »
    Aye I can't collect cause I've no car at the moment so they'd need to do delivery. Stillorgan would take about an hour to walk to! :D

What's the prices like in those places?

Just updated my post there.

A plain chicken curry with friend rice delivered would probably come in at under 10 euro.

• Administrators Posts: 53,873 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea I realise 10 euro ain't much, unfortunately the closest cash machine isn't close either. :D Disaster.

Had dominos the past 2 nights cause you can pay by card online, wish there was a chinese or something that had that.

In fact, know of ANY food outlets that have online ordering other than pizza places?

I wish chippys did delivery. They'd be cheaper. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There's a letseatin in sandyford ind estate. The meal deals are the best price but going to be over €10 with delivery
    http://www.letseatin.ie/real-deal-meals/

I have only gotten a chicken korma once and it was fine.

Treasures is good, I used to live around there, all their food tastes really freshly done. Also there is jumobs chinese next to the bowling alley, treasures is on the steep hill.

I am not certain but I think the chipper in balally shopping centre might deliver, some place does since I work in sandyford and get leaflets in. But a chipper is not always cheapest, the same amount of food from a chipper usually costs more, i.e. you would probably need a quarter with cheese, chips and something else on top to match the massive portions chinese takeaways give you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fu Moon on Newtown Park Avenue is excellent.

I did not know there was a Lets Eat In in Sandyford, thanks! Meal Deals are great value!
    (although the meal deals are €9.95 and the minimum delivery amount is €10 - that's gay)

Zascar wrote: »
    (although the meal deals are €9.95 and the minimum delivery amount is €10 - that's gay)
    :mad: that is bad. I wonder if they are strict about it, i.e. would they let the 9.95 meals in too, and is it really just to stop people getting a bag of chips, I only collected mine when I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

rubadub wrote: »
    :mad: that is bad. I wonder if they are strict about it, i.e. would they let the 9.95 meals in too, and is it really just to stop people getting a bag of chips, I only collected mine when I got it.

I have ordered before and food is beautiful. I ordered the meal deal and they will deliver its not a problem. The best thing is they have loads of choice.

The best thing is they have loads of choice.
    Good to hear they deliver, the choice is good since you are just paying one delivery charge, good for when a bunch of people are around, stops the fights of where you should order from.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

rubadub wrote: »
    On the website when you have 9.95 in your cart, you actually can't process the order until its over €10
    grrrrr

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    On the website when you have 9.95 in your cart, you actually can't process the order until its over €10
    Thats what I would have thought, you must have to ring them to be let off. I would not order online anyway, I am always worried the order did not go through!

Advertisement