Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Aimpoint Help Needed!

Options
  • 15-08-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies

Wonder if any of you can help, I have a G&G Aimpoint type scope and latley i have noticed i cant really see the dot at all (Yes even with new batteries!!) It was always a bit off (dot looked a little obstructed) but now it looks like the dot laser has dropped within the scope, is it easy to dissasemble these? I dont want to bin it as it cost me 70 quid in eirsoft and i have only skirmished it around 3 times!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

there should be 2 knobs to zero it in if thats what your talkn about.(have you ever zeroed it in?)it cant just drop off,or its broke,

hope this helps,
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Hi andy, Its not a case of Zeroing it, Basically the little laser bit in it has dropped out of place(looks crooked) so i want to open it and try to reposition it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You won't open it. Those lenses are hermetically sealed into position. Even if you did open it, you're unlikely to get it back together correctly and you're even less likely to actually fix anything as the laser unit is encased separately and is even harder to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

contact eirsoft and see what they can do!if it was like that since you got it its a fault and they will send it back to the company and you mite get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Yep, Your right guys, Ill give tony a buzz!, Hopefully he can get it changed but i said id seek advice here before i start wrecking the retailers head!!! :D
    Thanks for the advice all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

There is no 'laser' in a closed tube red dot sight. Sure, it LOOKS like there is, but its actually an LED and three glass discs. AS you zero the glass discs move.

Its cheaper than a laser :D

At least thats what I found out when I cracked open a Walther Red Dot Sight for a MP5 (HK clamp mount)

Advertisement