Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which scope for my gun?

Options
  • 15-08-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭

I bought myself a DBOYS SCAR-L from Eirsoft.ie

After playing a game with it I realised that I need to get myself a propper sight for it because I ound it hard to use the "iron sights" on the gun.

What type of sight should I be looking at? I understand theres personel preferance involved but The likes of a Telescoptic Sight, an ACOG Sight or even a Dot Sight. Im unusre which is best to use for the gun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Cruelsphere

imo i would use a red dot sight on a scar light, but you might have a preference for a diffrent kind of sight.
    cruel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

my cus as the exact gun go bak to eirsoft and ask tony for an acog scope they are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

>< I hate text speak and no punctuation...
    An ACOG or an Aimpoint would suit it well or an Eotech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's just down to personal preference as you said, personally I wouldn't put a telescopic sight on an aeg, the gun just won't match the accuracy of the scope, but they can be good for spotting etc.

So your probably better off with a red dot sight eg. Reflex sight/ACOG/Aimpoint/Eotech etc. Choosing one of those is up to yourself and what you think looks best. I've both an Aimpoint and an Eotech and personally I'd go with the Eotech, there's a much better field of view through it and it looks sleeker I think. Choose a sight you like the look of and try read a review of it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

+1 on the Eotech

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you go with an eotech make sure you get a good one, most of the ones iv seen shut themselves off if you shake them too hard or are subjected to a hard slap! was gonna get one myself but this kinda put me off,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

BUY YOUR EOTECH ONLINE!

Seriously, they're £140 on M.I.A and you can't get them for sixty dollars on Amazon. Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

personally i prefer a 3-9 scope on an aeg its useful to spot snipers and possibly hit them

Advertisement