Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n95 8g

• 15-08-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

have a nokia n95 8g it keeps comming up insert sim card it happens when i leave the phone alone and dont use it . this could happen every 5 mins . anyone any idea's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

First thing I would try is replacing my SIM card. Also look in where the SIM goes and see if there's any dirt / damage / liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Random wrote: »
    First thing I would try is replacing my SIM card. Also look in where the SIM goes and see if there's any dirt / damage / liquid.

i only changed my sim about 2 months ago and it doesnt like there is any dirt or anything

And how long have you had this problem?

Other options to try - factory reset, software update ... after that it's off to the repair shop in case you have a faulty SIM reader. Personally I'd rather try a SIM replacement before sending my phone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Random wrote: »
    And how long have you had this problem?

Other options to try - factory reset, software update ... after that it's off to the repair shop in case you have a faulty SIM reader. Personally I'd rather try a SIM replacement before sending my phone away.

the problem started about a week ago and during the past week its happening more frequently like 4 or 5 times a day . do i need to back up everything before i do a factory reset?

You should get away with copying everything onto the mass storage and backing up to the mass storage but would always suggest backing it up to your PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

byrner88 wrote: »
    have a nokia n95 8g it keeps comming up insert sim card it happens when i leave the phone alone and dont use it . this could happen every 5 mins . anyone any idea's

If the factory reset doesn't wok, then try see if your sim, when correctly seated in the sim tray, is making full contact with the handset's sim contacts. If it is not, then you can either send the handset away for repair, or try a DIY job and add a small, thin piece of card to thicken up your sim card; this has happened to me before, and thickening the sim card corrected the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    this has happened to me before, and thickening the sim card corrected the issue.

Ye a bit of paper or light card can work great

Advertisement