Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cameras spotted today.

• 15-08-2009 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Saw two cameras today that might interest someone out there.

Humberklog: this first one looks up your street. :pac:

In the window of CASA on Capel Street an old Ricoh 35mm SLR with flash.. looks like a 24mm lens on it. Seems ok, didn't get to handle it, display was locked and Maria had the key who was visiting her mum in hospital. Window goes on sale soon.

A Nikon D40 with 18-55 VR lens. In very good condition, few grease marks on lens but nothing a gentle clean wouldn't get rid of. Focus worked, powered up fast. Ran out of ideas after that, I tried looking for number of shots taken but gav up as I don't know digitals. This is in Cash COnverters on corner of Meath Street & Thomas Street. Asking price €299. I got him down to €275 by just asking for a discount, suspect it would go for €250 if you showed him the money. I have no clue is that good value for a D40 but in-case someone is looking for one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Simplicius wrote: »
    A Nikon D40 with 18-55 VR lens. In very good condition, few grease marks on lens but nothing a gentle clean wouldn't get rid of. Focus worked, powered up fast. Ran out of ideas after that, I tried looking for number of shots taken but gav up as I don't know digitals. This is in Cash COnverters on corner of Meath Street & Thomas Street. Asking price €299. I got him down to €275 by just asking for a discount, suspect it would go for €250 if you showed him the money. I have no clue is that good value for a D40 but in-case someone is looking for one.

Tbh, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying anything from CC on Thomas St - A lot of the camera gear handed in there is robbed from tourists on route to the Guinness brewery.

(And they'll happily forget about the 'Receipts Needed' rule... for a few bob less on the item sold...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Tbh, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying anything from CC on Thomas St - A lot of the camera gear handed in there is robbed from tourists on route to the Guinness brewery.

(And they'll happily forget about the 'Receipts Needed' rule... for a few bob less on the item sold...)

I hope the owners of the shop dont read this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Why not? If it's store policy to accept for less with no receipt, I don't see what the problem is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was looking at the Ricoh a few weeks back alright. I think the sale isn't until the 29th. Could be out on that though. Flash and all with it. Mind you they don't mind charging in that shop and also there are some people that barge ahead on the day of sales with ready cash. I missed out on one or two cameras there already because of them.

Last month they had a slightly broken 120mm camera, can't remember what model but it came with a snazzy case and more interestingly 6 rolls of film with a 1973 expiry date. I was tempted just for the film but it was 30 quid so didn't bother.

Advertisement