Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Bug - Essential Mix.

• 15-08-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Just listening to this now.. Nice & Deep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/essentialmix/

Nice to see that he wasnt playing a load of his own tunes, or a load of Poker Flats either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ICN wrote: »
    Just listening to this now.. Nice & Deep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/essentialmix/

Nice to see that he wasnt playing a load of his own tunes, or a load of Poker Flats either.

actually he was bitching on twitter the other day about people overplaying their own tracks and charting their own releases.

Can see his point, but I figure if you don't reckon your stuff is good enough for the style you play, you're probably in a bit of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

He is a great Dj though...can never understand why he's not as popular as Sven/Richie and all tbh....his Dj mag Miami CD last year was a fave of mine...had Djulz-Just so you know (2000 and one mix) as well as Donnchadh Costello's- Black bag Job - TUNES

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    He is a great Dj though...can never understand why he's not as popular as Sven/Richie and all tbh....his Dj mag Miami CD last year was a fave of mine...had Djulz-Just so you know (2000 and one mix) as well as Donnchadh Costello's- Black bag Job - TUNES

agreed. one of the better cd mixes to come with a magazine.

A&Ring 3 of the best labels going - Audiomatique, Dessous and Poker Flat. It is strange that he's not as big as Sven, Richie or Ricardo, but I think he's less fond of market overhyping than them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I've always been a fan of Steve Bug, will give this a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Dunno if u cud accuse Villalobos of that Jt, but i get your point....

• Advertisement

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Dunno if u cud accuse Villalobos of that Jt, but i get your point....

yeah he probably doesn't deserve to be included with the other two but it seems to be the same hype machine that keeps the first two on the map that keeps him on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jtsuited wrote: »
    Can see his point, but I figure if you don't reckon your stuff is good enough for the style you play, you're probably in a bit of trouble.

i know a good few heads who refuse to play their own stuff out... their attitude is that they spent weeks in a studio in the dark making the tunes and by the time it was good enough to be ready for a release they were royally sick of them and would rather play something that sounded fresh to them too, rather than playing something out that they'd literally listened to for so long that they'd be hearing it in their sleep...

I think you can only really get away with that attitude once you know that everyone else is caning your tunes though, and the first lad who told me he felt that way has been releasing tunes since 87...

In a younger producer, yes, of course, your sound is delineated by your selection as a DJ and then you refine that with your own productions, and then after that once you have a label going you want to push the sound it promotes; all the lads who told me they don't like their own stuff enough to play it are well past the point of having to worry whether or not they can tell if whatever they've written is good enough to release and is good enough to get played...

Advertisement