Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Pats Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

fearanpost wrote: »
    let me no if any1 got in 2 campus or got word from pats please!!:D

Yea I'll let ya know! We should get contacted tomorrow I think!

Was wondering if one did teaching practice whilst in transition year, could one use it as a substitution this September? Anyone else thinking of doing that?! I'm getting a job soon so I don't think I would get time off for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

I have applied for campus accommodation but i'm just considering my options in case i don't get a place.
    I saw a list of other accommodation on the website but im not familiar with the area and so i don't know how far they all are from the college itself....
    Also i am more intersted in student accommodation than a house.
    I heard marino have student accommodation..but would this only be suitable for students studying there..and is that far from the college?
    Could anyone suggest any suitable student accomodation buildings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

marino is about a 20 min walk away from pats and has a mix of students from dcu, pats,dit,mater dei,marino, trinity etc so that.

i did that 2 weeks observation but really no one ever asks about it.like its not a requirement or anything its just so you will have a feel for the school environment before you start the course.you'd get that in just one day there!its not a big deal all you do is sit at the back of the class and observe:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emma91

Just got my rejection letter for campus frm pats... Anyone interested in house sharing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

have you gotten your acceptance pack from pats yet? the welcome pack?(?)
    ill be at home other-wise...sharing could of been fun!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

:eek: I havn't gotton word either way! Got me worried now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

I got a letter to say i didn't get a place in the campus accommodation but thats all so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Misterdenudatio

Hey just got letter of rejection there..LIVID...took it as a certainty i'd get campus seeing as i live 3 hours from dublin in mayo and it seems people who live in feckin blanchardstown seemingly get campus!!! but oh well...my friend is in a similar position so we're going up looking tomorrow....reply if there's any interested takers in living with a few country bumpkins hitting the big city :pac:

Yep need ppl 2 house share wit... hw many ppl u wna share wit?? Dija go on 2 d website n get d list of places...tink il start ringin dem!!

Got campus! :)

RandomIrl wrote: »
    have you gotten your acceptance pack from pats yet? the welcome pack?(?)
    ill be at home other-wise...sharing could of been fun!!:P

It says on my letter that registration packs will be sent in the post beginning the week of Sep 7th. Is it me or does anyone else think Pats is extremely unorganised?

• Advertisement

ally_mull wrote: »
    Got campus! :)

It says on my letter that registration packs will be sent in the post beginning the week of Sep 7th. Is it me or does anyone else think Pats is extremely unorganised?

not necessarily lectures don't start until the 28th!

then again.........i am dying to get my hands on one, to make it real!!

Oh by the way, if ye got rejected don't worry, you might get offered a place in the next 2 weeks. A friend of mine got rejected last year but was offered a place soon after. However she couldn't take it as she had already acquired accommodation elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kathyd91

Just wondering...on the academic calender on the pats website it says that registration is on the 24th and 25th of Sept...does it matter which day you register on, like will some of the popular academic subjects like english fill up quick? My debs is on the 23rd so I don't really think I'll be in any fit state to do anything on the 24th!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _Kweeva_

Got rejected too gutted now I'm from Donegal and haven't a clue where to start looking for accomodation.. anyone got any ideas?

_Kweeva_ wrote: »
    Got rejected too gutted now I'm from Donegal and haven't a clue where to start looking for accomodation.. anyone got any ideas?

daft.ie look at the dublin 9 region... im from the area..Pm me for dets if u want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 fearanpost

got accepted, so did a friend of mine, we sent in a big sob letter along with our applications tho so that mighta swung it!!:P

wer from donegal 2 btw, which part you from kweeva??

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

I would recommend Religion as an academic subject. I did it for 3 years. Not difficult, small class, great parties and decent group.

Enjoy Pats 3 great years and make sure you tog out and play GAA, stand you well for a job I promise when you qualify.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 _Kweeva_

Thanks for the help going to look at somewhere soon :D Ah you're so lucky fearanpost.. am from Letterkenny where you from?

Hi Kweeva, im goin lookn at places tomorrow...didn get campus either... need people 2 house share with tho, u interested??

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help going to look at somewhere soon :D Ah you're so lucky fearanpost.. am from Letterkenny where you from?

Am from down kincasslagh if ya no it, daniel o'donnell country!! and my friends from glenties shes doin it 2, am sure we'll bang inta each other somewhere!!

If anyone is interested in accommodation I have a place for ya!
    House is 12 min walk from Pats and houses two Pats students, one DCU student and two full-time workers. Very laid-back environment..... spacious double ;)

PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

No post yesterday, was gutted.
    Sent an email to the admissions office asking if they had any information and they replied within the hour saying i had got it!
    Delighted,but can't wait for the post to confirm it monday.

hey theres single room going on millmount avenue drumcondra with 2 lovely (if i do say so myself) lads and girls at 90 euro a month...approx 2 minute walk from pats...please reply if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenn_

Hey!! Got rejected for campus and have no clue where to stay now!! Have you found roomies yet?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sineadf91

Hey i’m off to st.pats this year, can’t wait til the 28th i’m really excitedbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif But i don’t know that much about the course and don’t know anybody goin there this year! Has any1 got any information 4 me about the subjects and stuff?! And the social life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sinead..

does ne1 know how many ppl are in 1st year?!

and is any1 thinkin of doin music?!

:D

Sinead.. wrote: »
    does ne1 know how many ppl are in 1st year?!

and is any1 thinkin of doin music?!

:D

theres 400 in 1st year i think, 40 of which are gaeltacht appllicants! yeah was thinkin bout doin music, but im terrible at music theory i got a c2 in the leavin but thats just cos of my practical so i might pick sumtin else... dunno what 2 pick tho!! u doin music defo yeah?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sinead..

fearanpost wrote: »
    theres 400 in 1st year i think, 40 of which are gaeltacht appllicants! yeah was thinkin bout doin music, but im terrible at music theory i got a c2 in the leavin but thats just cos of my practical so i might pick sumtin else... dunno what 2 pick tho!! u doin music defo yeah?!

ye i think i will do music!..love it!:p

id say you'll be alrite..id say most of the course is practical.

and (i may be wrong) but i think u get brownie points for being in plays and in music groups and stuff!

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Hopefully won't have a problem with the Irish. Been going to a Gaelscoil all my life... A1 in the leaving. If ye need help i'll be happy to give ye a hand :P

Seriously can't wait for it now!!!

Isn't boards a great place to gloat? If i get an F3 i wouldnt ask ya for help!...i also wouldnt be in pats either.....

Advertisement