Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Pats Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Isn't boards a great place to gloat? If i get an F3 i wouldnt ask ya for help!...i also wouldnt be in pats either.....
    Ooookay... Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, I wasn't gloating...it wasn't aimed at you and with an attitude like that I wouldn't help you if you payed me. I said it tongue in cheek, but you keep taking life so seriously... im sure you'll turn into a very patient teacher :rolleyes:

Anyway, my letter still hasn't arrived (see earlier post). Can anyone tell me if there is a date that the accomadation has to be accepted by? Im pretty sure An Post has f-ed up royally again and lost my letter. It was self addressed so it can't really be St. Pats fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenn_

Hey! Just got campus by cancelation but now im hearing all bad things about it and that its not that nice:eek:
    Is it really? and should i think about going somewere else instead then?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Patsqueen

The ac in Pats is not as bad as everyone says. You have your own room and it is the cheapest campus that I know of in the country. It is so convient and a great place to live for first year..

Its great for meeting friends and there is loadsa drinking sessions before the nights out. It is the best craic and you will make so many friends and you can get a house next year. Everyone I know misses campus so much in second year as it is nice and warm! Everything is included so no worrying about bills!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Patsqueen

I would say dont bother with Bioscience as it is a bit of a waste of time unless you know you will keep on your other subject/s.

Music students do an assessment exam at the start of the year so if you do well in that I would say do music.

English is probably the easiest and most popular subject I did it in first year..It has a zero % fail rate.

I do geography now which is also easy,just learning
    Dont do french if you are a B.ED as it is a lot of work!!

Religion is suppose to be good to pretty easy.
    Only do maths if you have an B1 or over I would say anyone else I know found it very difficult.

Gaeilge is ok, I was doing it at the beginning but changed to English as I found it very boring!!

Most B.As do human development!

Have no idea about history!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

know a friend who did history, he loved it! not sure what its actually like though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

know a friend who did history, he loved it! not sure what its actually like though

has anyone heard anything from them yet, with regards registration etc...
    also...
    stpatssu.org looks interesting, if the keep it updated

freshers week 4th october!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sineadf91

hey what goes on at fresher's week anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Try perservering with the grammar. Take out a book on grammar on a regular basis and build up your vocab for your oral Irish at the end of 1st Year.

That's how my Irish improved, many years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

DDC1990 on my letter last week it said that I had to reply to the college by the 28th (last Friday) I then had to ring the college and tell them that I had accepted campus as my letter would not have arrived until Monday (31st)
    An Post have obviously lost it! Ring tomorrow and inquire :)

• Advertisement

ally_mull wrote: »
    DDC1990 on my letter last week it said that I had to reply to the college by the 28th (last Friday) I then had to ring the college and tell them that I had accepted campus as my letter would not have arrived until Monday (31st)
    An Post have obviously lost it! Ring tomorrow and inquire :)
    Thanks. I did talk to An Post, but to no avail. So I emailed the college, and accepted that way. I truely hate our postal system. Imagine if I hadn't emailed them, and ended up losing the accommadation!

The wonders of modern technology....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dipsy22

hi i heading 2 pats tis year 2 n i really interested does anyone know anything about the campus accom cos i finfing it really hard 2 get info.i heard u share a common room wit sixty peop n if da d case hw many poep do u share a kitchen n toilet facilities with??:confused::confused:how far is it from the college/city? ne info be appreciated:)

dipsy22 wrote: »
    hi i heading 2 pats tis year 2 n i really interested does anyone know anything about the campus accom cos i finfing it really hard 2 get info.i heard u share a common room wit sixty peop n if da d case hw many poep do u share a kitchen n toilet facilities with??:confused::confused:how far is it from the college/city? ne info be appreciated:)
    I've seen the accom on the open day, and while the rooms are quite small, they are adequite. Yous share a kitchen and bathroom with 5-6 people (as far as i know), and a common room with 40-60 people... which is great to be honest as you meet everyone.
    As for location. 30 seconds from the college... 10 minute (maybe more) walk from Town. Great really all things considered.

Yea I agree! What it lacks in facilities it will make up for in atmosphere! (hopefully) :) I'm going completely by myself so on that note I'm staying positive!

Anyone else hear that theres two kitchens per house? (30 people per kitchen?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dipsy22

thanks dats great:)hope d rooms nice sippose il bring a tv 4 it neway cos i say in a common room wit da many ud nly b usin it 4 d social aspect:)is everyone headin up for both days of orientation r do ya only need go 2 one??:confused:

Hi guys does any of ye know if ya hav 2 have a laptop 4 first year and if u do what type??

sineadf91 wrote: »
    Hi guys does any of ye know if ya hav 2 have a laptop 4 first year and if u do what type??
    Im pretty sure you wouldn't need to have a laptop, but it would come in handy.
    Even if you did need a laptop, they definitly wouldn't need a specific make or model.

Ah rite sound thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 fearanpost

Hey my friend got her pack 2day from st.pats and i didnt!!:eek: She got her room number, subject choice forms, garda vetting forms, etc!!

Any1 else get theres?! Shes in the Bangor house, I wana no wher I am!!:mad:

and she got her username and password for the official st.pats forum thing!!

• Advertisement

Didn't get anything today either! :( I presume we will get it tomorrow! Did it say what date we can move in?

Got my pack as well. V.Surprised seeing as I never got my accommodation yoke.
    Anyway... Im in Lismore house (obv. the male house).
    By the way... you'll want to curl up and die when you see how many forms you have to fill in! What makes it worse is... I hadn't written at all since the LC... so they are mostly illegible!.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Anyway... Im in Lismore house (obv. the male house).

I was talkin 2 sum1 thats in pats and he said that boys stay on the ground floor of all the houses and girls stay on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors, so there wont be a male house i dont think..

fearanpost wrote: »
    I was talkin 2 sum1 thats in pats and he said that boys stay on the ground floor of all the houses and girls stay on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors, so there wont be a male house i dont think..
    Oh right ya... I forgot that. I saw that on the open day... but after a day of filling in pointless forms... my brain had turned to mush.
    Anyone else know what house they're in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

just got my info this morning..im in Glendalough..:)

Looks like we are moving in on the 27th..

Got Glendalough aswell!

My God...all the forms!! My parents are gonna freak when I show them the costs involved :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tinkerbell91

hey guys, are any of you doing the BA in humanities and what subjects have ye picked? I've picked irish, geography and human development so hope theyl work out ok for me....i got accommodation on campus through a cancellation but didnt get any accommodation forms in my welcome pack thingy!! anyone in the same situation, i just want to know which house im staying in ect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Good luck to all.

Lismore house here I come!!:)

• Advertisement

Hi i’m doing the B.Ed and i’m picking English and History as my subjects!
    Just wondering if anybody knows is there much continuous assessment in these subjects or just exams??

Advertisement