Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Pats Drumcondra

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

sharon66 wrote: »
    Is any1 else having problems logging in 2 their new student email account ?? Im a 1st year B.Ed

I dont think its activated until we register, was the way with DCU registration anyway...they also had to wait 24hours after registration before they could access it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sinead..

RandomIrl wrote: »
    I dont think its activated until we register, was the way with DCU registration anyway...they also had to wait 24hours after registration before they could access it!

Hold on did every1 get a student email address?!?

i didnt get anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

The email address was written on the end of the page with the details of registration day. Its in the bottom right hand corner from what i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sinead..

The email address was written on the end of the page with the details of registration day. Its in the bottom right hand corner from what i remember.

Aah yeah!...im blind!:D

thanks a mill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

no problem :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

1st week. Unreal.

Lismore is the Job lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

Agreed man......

Jesus I'm wrecked! FRESHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......next week ;)

Hows everyone holding up? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Stumbled upon this thread. I would bet that the original poster (8 months ago) is delighted with their time in St Pats. I graduated three years ago and I miss everything about my Pats experience. My advice...enjoy yourself to the last there and take part in everything thats going on. I've been to each of the 'big three' universities in Dublin (DCU,TCD,UCD) since i've left. Believe me, embrace the Pats student life while it lasts because none of them compares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The hammers

Hi guys! I know that this thread is very old now but maybe someone will reply :P I'm hopefully going to st pays next year but i'm contemplating staying in dcu and travelling over each day.. Is this a bad idea!? Oh and I'm a lad who loves soccer so could you tell me if there are many soccer comps or anything on in the college? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

Hi guys! I know that this thread is very old now but maybe someone will reply :P I'm hopefully going to st pays next year but i'm contemplating staying in dcu and travelling over each day.. Is this a bad idea!? Oh and I'm a lad who loves soccer so could you tell me if there are many soccer comps or anything on in the college? Thanks :)
    I've got the same problem bro. I have already applied for DCU but I am leaning towards staying in pats as it will be easier to get to know people. Although the no alcohol on campus is a pretty **** rule. Rules are there to be broken though :)

• Advertisement

Wkds wrote: »
    I've got the same problem bro. I have already applied for DCU but I am leaning towards staying in pats as it will be easier to get to know people. Although the no alcohol on campus is a pretty **** rule. Rules are there to be broken though :)
    :O I thought I was the only one with the dilemma! I've been looking around and it seems to me that we will be kind of outsiders if we go to dcu so it's looking like pats! We can still use the dcu facilities though.. The ban on alcohol surely cannot be strictly enforced can it? It is defo a rule to be broken time and time again though!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

:O I thought I was the only one with the dilemma! I've been looking around and it seems to me that we will be kind of outsiders if we go to dcu so it's looking like pats! We can still use the dcu facilities though.. The ban on alcohol surely cannot be strictly enforced can it? It is defo a rule to be broken time and time again though!

I stayed on Pats campus this year (1st year) and would not change it for the world. It's unreal craic! :D And yep, the alcohol ban is enforced but there are ways around it ;) . No visitors after 11 is a big bummer too but deffo stay on pats campus. It was without a doubt the best year of my life! Last week this week :( Going to miss it SO much!

I stayed on Pats campus this year (1st year) and would not change it for the world. It's unreal craic! :D And yep, the alcohol ban is enforced but there are ways around it ;) . No visitors after 11 is a big bummer too but deffo stay on pats campus. It was without a doubt the best year of my life! Last week this week :( Going to miss it SO much!
    Thanks a lot for that I'll go with pats so :) and you should just be happy that you don't have to go through the leaving cert in a 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

How strict is this rule? Would you be able to get away with sneaking people in?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Libra1

Wkds wrote: »
    How strict is this rule? Would you be able to get away with sneaking people in?

I had many a friend stay over.. 15 yr ago.

Drink? Was never sober on a Thursday night there... Plenty of drink on campus before heading out..

No mad parties but drinks with few friends.. cool.

Libra1 wrote: »
    I had many a friend stay over.. 15 yr ago.

Drink? Was never sober on a Thursday night there... Plenty of drink on campus before heading out..

No mad parties but drinks with few friends.. cool.
    And if a mad party was to commence?....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

From what I can remember you could drink in your room with your friends but not the common area and after 11 they'd be round so you'd be out by then.
    I remember getting fined for having a party in my room (at least 20/25 people in the TINY room, ) how I ever thought id get away with it :)
    They were pretty strict on the no friends over after 11 rule.

From what I can remember you could drink in your room with your friends but not the common area and after 11 they'd be round so you'd be out by then.
    I remember getting fined for having a party in my room (at least 20/25 people in the TINY room, ) how I ever thought id get away with it :)
    They were pretty strict on the no friends over after 11 rule.
    It's pretty harsh having the 11 o clock rule but I'll get use to it! I won't be 18 til December so it's not like I will be drinking alcohol until then........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Anyone able to tell me how Pats structure the course? Like is similar to Marino, in that the year's divided into classes of 35 :p Or will that depend on academics chosen, etc.? Just wondering if there'll be 200 hundred students in a lecture hall for some of the education modules :pac:

Any info appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Anyone able to tell me how Pats structure the course? Like is similar to Marino, in that the year's divided into classes of 35 :p Or will that depend on academics chosen, etc.? Just wondering if there'll be 200 hundred students in a lecture hall for some of the education modules :pac:

Any info appreciated :)

There are 10-12 classes of 30-35 people, which are split according to your academic subject. For your academic lectures, you'll usually be in a lecture hall with all students in your year doing that subject. However for smaller modules including education modules such as PE, Music, Drama etc and seminars you'll be with your class group. In saying that, some education modules such as psychology and sociology are given in lecture halls with the full year group!

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for :D That's a good help!

How many places are there on the B.Ed generally? And how many lads? Is what they say about 'the ratio' true? :o

Then again it probably varies from year to year...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks a million for :D That's a good help!

How many places are there on the B.Ed generally? And how many lads? Is what they say about 'the ratio' true? :o

Then again it probably varies from year to year...

As far as I know, there are 400 BEds, give or take..

And yes, the 'ratio' is very much true! In my first year class of 35 there were 5 guys.. And in my second year class there were 4 :p

Thanks alot for all that!! :D:D

Brown Bear are you going to Pats?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Anyone for Pats this year? I know absoloutely no one going!!:D

Brown Bear are you going to Pats?

I hope to... Next year :o

Didn't get the points so i'm thinking of repeating

That and the fact the leaving is just such good craic :cool:

Dearbhaile wrote: »
    I know nobody going either! I should defo get in though and cant wait! :D

I hope to... Next year :o

Didn't get the points so i'm thinking of repeating

That and the fact the leaving is just such good craic :cool:
    The fact that you didnt get the points may be a stumbling block, but the lure of the consistent craic of the Leaving must be dragging you back? :p
    I'll wish you good luck next year! All my friends are repeating and I'm going up by myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

I know nobody going either! I should defo get in though and cant wait! :D
    Yayy we're in the same boat so!!:D where you staying??ive been looking all day but to no avail so I headed out instead of actually finding somewhere..ohh well!!:P

• Advertisement

Yayy we're in the same boat so!!:D where you staying??ive been looking all day but to no avail so I headed out instead of actually finding somewhere..ohh well!!:P
    We are indeed! I'm just going to stay on campus. I dont really have an alternative but it is supposedly good craic anyway! Do you know where your gonna stay yet? (Or have you given up searching? :p)

Advertisement