Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Pats Drumcondra

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

The fact that you didnt get the points may be a stumbling block, but the lure of the consistent craic of the Leaving must be dragging you back? :p
    I'll wish you good luck next year! All my friends are repeating and I'm going up by myself..

Who wants to go to college anyway :cool::pac:

Thanks very much, i need all the luck i can get!

Good luck in college and congrats in what were obviously great results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

This is Pats' accomodation list if that's any help! http://stpatssu.com/index.php/supportandwelfare/welfare/accommodation/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Crann

Is anyone here doing arts/Humanities in pats this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 StephanieC93

Dearbhaile wrote: »
    Anyone for Pats this year? I know absoloutely no one going!!:D

:D I'm going to Pats this year!! B.A! you staying on campus??

What subjects are people doing the BA picking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Crann wrote: »

Which are you thinking about?

Which are you thinking about?
    I was thinking of gaeilge maybe English and geography

Didn't do Irish or Geog
    Some components of English

First year English,

1. PLAYS = The Glass menagerie, Oedipus Rex, A Doll's House + others: SHORT STORIES = The Masque of the red death, The Garden party book + others, The book to get is= fifty short stories: Oscar Wilde collection of fairy tales: Selection of poetry, NOVELS = Robinson Crusoe, The Great Gatsby, Emma

2 Assignments = 2 x 1,000 word essays

Exams = 3 hour paper in Jan, again in May/June

I also did History and Human Development

Didn't do Irish or Geog

First year English,

1. PLAYS = The Glass menagerie, Oedipus Rex, A Doll's House + others: SHORT STORIES = The Masque of the red death, The Garden party book + others, The book to get is= fifty short stories: Oscar Wilde collection of fairy tales: Selection of poetry, NOVELS = Robinson Crusoe, The Great Gatsby, Emma

Thanks what are history and human development like? Did you keep English on or did you drop it after first year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The hammers

I was thinking of French, maths/history and English/Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dearbhaile

Didn't do Irish or Geog

First year English,

Would you recommend History or English?? Any ideas on what Irish is like?

I reluctantly dropped English after 1st year, as it was always my intention to keep H Dev and History.

History, 1st semester is European History, The Reformation, Luther, Machiavelli etc. (subject to change)

2 x History assignments = 2 x 2,000 word essays + 2 hour exam in Jan based on completed assignments.

Irish history, begins in 2nd semester with the Irish landscape and evolves through 2nd and third year up to current events

H Dev, covers sociology and psychology 1 semester and 2nd semester also encompasses philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shteve12

Can anyone tell me about English as a subject for the B.Ed course?? I absolutley hate english but i kind of have to pick it this year! does anyone know is it hard or what the work load is like for 1st year?? :) i'll be definatly droppin it after 1st year anyway:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The hammers

shteve12 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about English as a subject for the B.Ed course?? I absolutley hate english but i kind of have to pick it this year! does anyone know is it hard or what the work load is like for 1st year?? :) i'll be definatly droppin it after 1st year anyway:P
    The blocks of subjects don't suit me at all either.. Having to choose between history and maths is hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

shteve12 wrote: »

English is very easy in first year, a couple of essays, one in each semester and exams in Jan and May. I know plenty of people who were at a handful of lectures all year and sailed through. It has a 0% failure rate.

It's an enjoyable course with good content and a nice varied set of modules, something for everyone.

FYI anybody thinking about French, be prepared for a heavy workload. There is a lot involved and they are tough on attendance too. Course is nice and varied though, and enjoyable most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoinseoighe12

Hi there!

I am nearly finished the Leaving Cert and Primary Teaching in St Pats is my No.1 choice on the CAO. I cannot describe how much I wan't to go to St Pats based on what I've heard and from what I saw at the Open Day. I really, really hope I'll get it!!

I have a few questions relating to the course;

(1) For a 1st Year BEd Student, what would the typical weekly timetable be? Hours? Start times and finishing up times?

(2) What are the academic subjects like? I'm hoping to do French, History and English.

(3) Finally, what's the social scene like? :)

Thanks!

Advertisement