Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone screen broken - getting contacts off phone

• 15-08-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

hello! well my phone screen has broken, all that shows is the backlight. it was flickering yesterday and now is off altogether. the phone is ok as its making all the right noises etc but just no display, just the backlight. anyway i have another phone so just transferred the sim, but didn't realise the old phone had been storing everything on its internal memory. is there any way i could get this data off the phone with the dud screen? its a nokia 6101. i am lost without my contacts to be honest!! i'd get over the texts etc but just want to see my calendar notes and contacts. at least this new phone can sync with the pc to back it up!! any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Can be done I think with a data cable. Try a phone repair shop, probably have the cables there and wouldn't take more then a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Thank you so much! I managed to copy them over this morning by using the infra red port of an old laptop, with no screen active on the phone, took me a while to find out how many clicks etc to activate the infra red!! But I have all my data now so I am happy out :-) And now I am backing up using pc suite!! :-)

Advertisement