Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! PS3 Problem!!

• 15-08-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

A few days ago i inserted a PS3 game into my PS3 and the icon came up as normal but just after the playstation 3 logo came up, the screen stayed blank and would not read the disc, the same happened with other games i have except my PS2 games would work as normal.... i found out on forums all over the internet that the problem was most likely a dirty bluray lense so, today i opened up the console but after removing the 2 covers and having a look at the bluray drive i gave up because itseemed too complicated, so i put it bak the best i could but sum of the screws would not fit bak, but i proceeded any way and plugged it back in but it would not display the disc icon when the blue light was on but it wud not eject my disc either!!!

So....... will sony fix it, and get my game dat was stuck and give it back?? or will they fix it at all after i opened it??!! PLEASE HELP!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Normally i'm as helpfull as i can be on this forum but, WTF? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Edit - no sony will not even touch it if you have fecked around with it. Best bet is console repairs or whatever they are called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Sony will still look at it, however since you opened it up I assume that it's out of warranty. Sony will charge you (€150 I think) to get a refurb as a replacement. The can retrieve the game aswell but this will take up to 10 weeks for it to return, not sure of the reason or exactly how long it will take. It might be worth trying these guys first as they may be able to fix it and they offer a guarantee aswell (6 months I think but stand to be corrected on this). Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Edit: If you only opened the two covers then the blue ray drive should still be working if it was working before it was opened. The only way from looking around that the drive wont work/eject is if the BLU ray drive casing was opened and now the load/unload mechanism is now off is rollers and is unable to move mechanically this would explain both the disk not ejecting and the disc not loading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SimonMc8

Thanks for yur help, since i started this thread though, i took the two covers off again and tryed lyning up the blu-ray drive into de best position i could and when i put the covers back and tried it again the disc came out!! All i really did in the first place was take the 2 covers pff, i never opened the blu-ray... Now im just back to my old problem of not reading ps3 games... but only ps3 games, the ps2 games and demos for ps3 games are fine..... so im just hoping that sony will replace my 60gb (with a 60gb) or fix it.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

You wont get another 60G. They'll give you a re-furb 80G most likely. If you really want a 60GB then I'd succest either you buy a new Blu-Ray drive off of ebay or give it to the guys in console repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SimonMc8

Is there any differences from the 80gig and 60?? (Besides memory obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

well the physical HDD no but as the PS3 it self, when first bought, the 60 GB can play ps2 games and has the memory card slots on the front under the cover beside the disc slot, and it has chrome instead of the 20,40,80 and 160 GB version of silver painted parts, but because you have the physical build of the 60gb ps3 i would say even if you get an 80Gb HDD then you can still play the ps2 games etc, my advice is just buy a 500Gb external hard drive and hook it up using a usb, just make sure it is formatted to FAT32 but this can b easily changed:D

Advertisement