Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to view PDF files on PC

• 15-08-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I am unable to view any of the PDF files I download on my PC
    Is this due to the fact that Mozilla Firefox is on the PC versus google
    What is the problem and how do I fix it
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

It could be that you dont have this - http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ (there are alternatives.) install that then just save the .pdf and try open it with that.

edit : you could check the add/remove programs list (Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs) to see if it is already installed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Were you able to view them before changing your browser?
    To be able to open adobe pdf files you need adobe reader it is a free download from adobe.com if you had it installed before then a reinstall may fix your problem. when downloading the adobe reader save it to your machine dont run it from the web that way you can run it again if needed with out having to download the whole thing again.

If a reinstall does not work then try uninstalling it through control panel and then reboot your machine and do a fresh install.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I give that website a go and check the control panel thanks for your help much appreciated

Advertisement