Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap phones on Ebay, Irish Tax and Customs Sale?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've seen a couple of threads about this seller. He's selling everything at €54 including a plasma tv. It's a scam. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if it seems like a scam, if it sounds like a scam, if it looks like a scam, if it is too good to be true, do not ask, just avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think this is the 5th thread i've seen about this seller. I wonder how many people have actually been scammed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep, looks very suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

His feedback consists entirely of selling 4 euro towels to people with no feedback. talk about gaming the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

It's an outright scam, and he's contravening several ebay rules (falsely advertising compliational media - i.e. a catalogue - as a tangible product, and trading illicitly with himself for the purpose of generating feedback, to name but two breaches.)

If anyone is feeling mean spirited like me, they can copy and paste his listings :

280384365124 , 280384365143 , 280384365135 , 280384365118 , 280384365128 , 280384365153 , 280384365140 , 280384365139 , 280384365150

and file a report using these links :
    http://pages.ebay.ie/help/contact_us/_base/index_selection.html

Get creative. Report him for Feedback manipulation, Selling informational products in incorrect categories, prohibited items, Improper Keywords etc.

Go nuts.

Probably wont make any difference mind you. He's been very clever. 3 day listings over the weekend means that all of the 50 or so idiots who've paid €54 for a list of email addresses & phone numbers thinking they were going to get a kick ass plasma tv, a Wii or an N97 will have little or no chance of getting their money back.

(I've no sympathy for the eejits who's naivety or greed will leave them out of pocket, I just dislike scammers, as their actions make it more difficult for honest traders to make a few bob on ebay.)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

razorblunt wrote: »

Gone from ebay now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Just ordered an n95, price seems really good. Thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

ralphie wrote: »
    Gone from ebay now

They're all gone. My faith in Ebay Trust and Safety dept. is restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

corglass wrote: »
    Just ordered an n95, price seems really good. Thanks op!

did you read past the first post? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cheers lads, thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

They're all gone. My faith in Ebay Trust and Safety dept. is restored.

good riddance

maybe the baggage handlers at dublin airport have a few cheap phones they'd like to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gary jameson

For everyone that has been scamed by that asshole, his e-mail address is darrenwalsh84@hotmail.co.uk

I recommend that everyone bombard him with emails - Karma's a bitch!!

Thanks for the advice, should have known it was to good to be through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aniczka

Seller named collectivesales offers 50" plasmas tv, phones nokia n97, laptops etc, for 54 euro. Its all fake! He is manipulating feedback, all his positive feedback is fake. Dont buy it.... its a very smart fraud.

Advertisement