Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridge with Twist Barrel Zoom Control and Raw support?

• 16-08-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a bridge camera with twist-barrel zoom control and RAW support with 5+ megapixels (preferably around 10) for €150 or less?!! Is this possible?:confused: I am interested in photography and plan on getting a EOS 450d or 500d for Christmas (hopefully:P) and am looking for a camera with manual controls to use as a main camera until then and then as a back-up...

I liked gary82's s6500fd (http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=135342 but can't travel to Galway... I am looking for a similar sort camera but there aren't ads for many Twist-Barrels with RAW on adverts.ie

Anyone have a camera they would be interested in cashing in on? I don't mind what brand once it's relatively cheap, can shoot JPEG + RAW, and is in perfect working order... I can travel to Dublin, Cork or anywhere else you can get on train from Limerick:D

Regards,
    Jackobyte.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

So you'll only travel via train?... Train to Dublin then to Galway... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

Don't really want to discuss an ad on here but have to mention that those ebay results you posted are still receiving bids so are nothing to do with final price, postage also has to be added, you'll not be able to inspect the camera before buying and most don't come with the additional accessories I've listed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Jackobyte, another model worth looking out for is the Finepix S9600 (aka S9100 in the States); I bought one recently and am having a lorra fun with it. There aren't quite as many of them around as the S6500FD but if you're patient something will come along. I managed to get mine for €150 with a filter, a 4GB CF card and a carry case — happy out! :D

Edit: I've no connection, but here's one on Adverts.ie (in Dublin, though...)

P.S. Nice shots, Gary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

gary82 wrote: »
    So you'll only travel via train?... Train to Dublin then to Galway... :rolleyes:
    That isn't really an option!! About 5 hrs each way for a camera? Doesn't make sense!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

If you look about you might be able to get a lumix dmc-fz50 cheap, not really 100% sure on the going rate of them but they should have dropped a fair bit in price at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's plenty of buses between Limerick and Galway you know...

Sleepy wrote: »
    There's plenty of buses between Limerick and Galway you know...

Sure kids theses days - wouldn't go on anything less than a train! I sold that camera today anyway. Now, to order the 35mm f1.8!

gary82 wrote: »
    Sure kids theses days - wouldn't go on anything less than a train! I sold that camera today anyway. Now, to order the 35mm f1.8!
    No... I've free train travel...:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement