Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only In Dublin.......

• 16-08-2009 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

xdidnt mean to erase this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

So who are the dj's you think are ****, and who are the producers you would like to see play live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Entec wrote: »
    So who are the dj's you think are ****, and who are the producers you would like to see play live?

I dont think the djs are shiite I just dont think they do much to warrant the opinion they hold of themselves and ive seen all the producers play that I like. I would just prefer to see them be given better opportunities playing warm ups etc for the bigger acts that come to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

just name names, doesnt seem to be any love lost with you and the dublin 'scene' so just name the people you have a bee in your bonnet about, i agree with you some what, the amount of people (not just in dublin, but in general) that play the same sort of sh*te is unreal, alot of it is down to digital djing and the vast amount of below par tracks available on mp3/wav/flac through the likes of beatport etc, just go onto the techno section of beatport and see what i mean.

i dont really agree with your point about dublin being a "who you know not how good you are" city, i know loads of heads that play fairly regulary not because of who they know but because they went out to club night and handed in mix cds to the promoters, i also know of other lads that would hand in mix cds and never get gigs because the mixes were pretty crap, any good dj that i know in dublin that has put themselves out there has always managed to get a few gigs in various places.

As for people posting up mixes with artwork, sure why not, ive done ity myself once or twice, some people use itunes to listen to mixes etc and some people like artwork to go with the mix when playing through itunes, again some peoples artwork looks ****e and tacky, but if it looks good then theres no harm.

and finally, what constitutes a non-entity dj, i dont really get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

eh i hate to point this out to you but you dont have to produce to dj.

so what if they cant make tunes.i dj'd for 10 years before i decided to start producing.

most people who have been into dance music a while prefer djs who dont **** around with other peoples tracks by chopping them up or effecting them too much.
    we like the songs just the way they are,thats why we buy them.

these dj arent calling themselves producers and just because there pushing themselves dont bitch about it.you could post mixes if you wanted too.
    perhaps they have more drive than you though.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

nonsense42 wrote: »
    xdidnt mean to erase this

Ahh.... what did you say? It sounds to have been quite controversial!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

seannash wrote: »
    most people who have been into dance music a while prefer djs who dont **** around with other peoples tracks by chopping them up or effecting them too much.
    we like the songs just the way they are,thats why we buy them.

Totally agree with you here...nothing worse than hearing your fav track being raped by horrid filters / effects and dodgy EQing!

Don't get me started on the DJ's who think it's cool to cut the bass every other bar for extra buildup "effect"... :confused:

Advertisement