Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No BT broadband connection

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:15am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I have BT broadband,about an hour ago it disconnected and wont reconnect,we've tryed turning the modem on and off but no luck(im currently using usb broadband :-/) Im just wondering if anyone elses bt broadband is down?I share the connection with my brother were using a switch box.any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you say you are using usb broadband I presume that if you have BT bb you are using a wireless usb dongle.

If you are using wireless and there is a break in the connection it is essential to make an ethernet connection so as to establish whether it is the basic bb connection is at fault or some problem with the wireless network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 trueblood

My BT BB went down at 12.15 am last night. Still not back.I'm in the (01) 28XXXXX What area are you in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

trueblood wrote: »
    My BT BB went down at 12.15 am last night. Still not back.I'm in the (01) 28XXXXX What area are you in?

Im down in cork and it back now thank god.12:15 was the same time my went down I think.

dub45 wrote: »
    When you say you are using usb broadband I presume that if you have BT bb you are using a wireless usb dongle.

If you are using wireless and there is a break in the connection it is essential to make an ethernet connection so as to establish whether it is the basic bb connection is at fault or some problem with the wireless network.

Yes I was using the 3 mobile usb after the line bb went down,were not using wireless connection were hooked up via ethernet,its back now anyway.

Glad to hear your back Sephiroth_dude, no joy here.
    I have DSL link but PPP is not up. This happened a few weeks ago too and it was an exchange problem. Anyone else on Foxrock exchange having issues?

TB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

mine was down aswell, think it was a nationwide prob...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Glad to hear your back Sephiroth_dude, no joy here.
    I have DSL link but PPP is not up. This happened a few weeks ago too and it was an exchange problem. Anyone else on Foxrock exchange having issues?

TB

yup same problem

foxrock exchange

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im guessing it was down everywhere so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mine is still down...over a day now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

yup same problem

foxrock exchange

Does the breakdown of BT broadband services near the foxrock exchange happen a lot? i live nearby and am thinking of switching to BT.

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Does the breakdown of BT broadband services near the foxrock exchange happen a lot? i live nearby and am thinking of switching to BT.

Second time in 2 months-don't know how that compares to other ISP's.
    The problem is that it goes down for days rather than hours. Two days last time and same this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Second time in 2 months-don't know how that compares to other ISP's.
    The problem is that it goes down for days rather than hours. Two days last time and same this time.

Do they at least have some form of redress? 2 days without a BB connection? God i think i might avoid BT for a while.

Advertisement