Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddha statue?

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering where i could find a large inexpensive buddha statue for my home in the galway city area?

thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Might be an idea to try Options in the Eyre Square centre (if they are still open). They always have unusual random stuff...otherwise maybe Evergreen health store near the Kings head? (Upstairs) or there is a shop on Dominic Street called Himalaya I think and they may have something...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Or maybe that shop that sells "ethnic" stuff in the Eyre Sq shopping centre. Same level as New Look, where Claire's is on the other floor. Also try the Oxfam and Fairtrade shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Usually at the market on saturdays you can buy them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

atlantic was selling them for 9.99, about 7 inch high, black and gold
    i got some of mine from ebay, but the postage is a killer.
    remember not to touch his head when you get one and place in a high ish place, ( its respect for the buddha, i know as im a buddhist lol)
    good luck with that Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :):)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Might be an idea to try Options in the Eyre Square centre (if they are still open).

They're closed, but the one up in the galway shopping centre on the headford road is still open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hello,

Just wondering where i could find a large inexpensive buddha statue for my home in the galway city area?

thanks a million

Like this..........

Laughing-Buddha-for-site-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

yeah kinda! a friend of mine has a gorgeous goldish one in her clinic, said a friend got it for her. maybe i should steal it haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

B and Q had a (pretty rustic) one a while ago. Try a couple of the shops in Bridge Mills. Yep, tiny ones in Evergreen, but think Himalaya is a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Cool thanks guys!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

try instore in wellaprk. They definetely had buddha heads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Panda Bear

Dont Forget to rub the Budda's head for luck when you get it. Budda's are very luck to have around and custom says toi rub his head brings you luck.

Happy Hunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

shop on dominic street opposite the suit hire shop..(all the names are escaping me) just beside cavas spanish restaraunt.

Advertisement