Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games are just getting expensive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Depressingly, Activision know that the average punter will pay it. What worries me is the prospect of the GTAs of this world following suit if sales figures match COD:MW.

I don't buy too wide a selection of games so I'm open to correction here, but it seems a bit against the trend of new releases being discounted early or used by HMV, GAME & co as loss leaders to get customers into their over-priced emporiums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

worth every penny says i!!!!:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

3 to 5 working days? But I want it nowwwwwwwwwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Hardened edition = COD MW2 + crap metal case + crap artwork + token for old game that is probably gonna be crap. Get the normal version in tesco when it comes out thats gonna be the cheapest option.

crap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

token for old game that is probably gonna be crap
    BLASPHEMER! Be gone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Or get it in the north for 40 lids. Always get games i need up there. Just too expensive down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Games expensive:eek: Game of the year edition of oblivion is €25 in game on X360 now thats a hellofa bargain:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah was a bit disappointed to hear Activision are chancing their arm with this extra £10/€15 for MW2, hopfully nobody else follows them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

How much is just the regular game going to be? If its over €60 ill be annoyed :mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

dazftw wrote: »
    How much is just the regular game going to be? If its over €60 ill be annoyed :mad:

Play.com €58.49

Amazon £44.96

cdwow €51.99

Looks like it's gonna be around €55-60 over here...

• Advertisement

Yeah I dont want to be paying like €60 - €70 for it! Just becuase it will sell millions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

mm rip

mm rip

Come again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mm rip

tl;dr

I for one will be waiting until MW2 drops below the price of other new releases before I consider buying it, total bloody gyp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Games aren't really getting expensive. 60e is pretty normal, and it's cheaper than they were a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

tman wrote: »
    tl;dr

5 letters is too long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I thought it was pretty obviously tongue in cheek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

tman wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty obviously tongue in cheek...

I see, mind you I've no idea what "mm rip" means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Dont think games are too expensive at all

Average €20 new DVD for 2 hours

Average €55 new game for usually 10-20+ hours, many times more that with online play

Plus 2nd hand games are a steal now!!

beardo81 wrote: »
    Dont think games are too expensive at all

Average €20 new DVD for 2 hours

Average €55 new game for usually 10-20+ hours, many times more that with online play

Plus 2nd hand games are a steal now!!

I'm guessing you haven't looked at the thread in here about XBLA prices :P And I haven't paid €55-60 for a game in ages... there's always somewhere that will be doing it cheaper :P Bargain Alerts ftw? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

I'm guessing you haven't looked at the thread in here about XBLA prices :P And I haven't paid €55-60 for a game in ages... there's always somewhere that will be doing it cheaper :P Bargain Alerts ftw? :P
    Agreed, and kinda my point! If you look round for the bargains they're definately there but if ya take the plunge and trust €60 of hard earned cash for a game its prob worth it... just make sure its a good 'un!! ;)

Oh and XBLA prices are crappy but theres some gems there such as Trials HD, easily worth 1200 points, if aint worth it dont pay it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

beardo81 wrote: »
    Agreed, and kinda my point! If you look round for the bargains they're definately there but if ya take the plunge and trust €60 of hard earned cash for a game its prob worth it... just make sure its a good 'un!! ;)

Oh and XBLA prices are crappy but theres some gems there such as Trials HD, easily worth 1200 points, if aint worth it dont pay it!

As mention earlier i started a thread about prices for xbla games..There are some gems out there but the prices are becoming too much..800 would have been great for trials hd but at 1200 i dont think its worth it..Although i have found out a way to get 2 xbla games for the price of one,its still pretty pricy..Btw does anyone think the prices for games on demand are a complete rip off.Kameo for 30e:eek:

Btw if your want to find out how to get 2 xbla games for the price of one,pm me on xbox live.

gt:fin321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I agree that it is pretty expensive, but its a game that you will definitely get the value out of when you consider how long you'll play the multiplayer for :D

Moiph wrote: »
    I agree that it is pretty expensive, but its a game that you will definitely get the value out of when you consider how long you'll play the multiplayer for :D
    Well... I just ran out of my gold account this week... so getting that and the last few games I'm getting now before college...I'm gonna be pretty broke :D Might have to do the whole beg borrow steal dealey to get MW2 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

1200 points is a steal for Trials HD

Advertisement