Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR10 G-SPEC UPGRADES:

Options
  • 16-08-2009 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    Im new to the sniping game and got my hands on a VSR .
    Its seems pretty good as standard but i really want to upgrade it to the max.
    Could anyone tell me:

Is FPS limit is same across the board or can it be higher for a bolt action spring rifle?!?!
    How many components are there in the rifle to upgrade?!?!(i took it apart and doesnt look too complex).
    Which parts are priority?!?!
    Any recommendations on manufacturers of parts?!?!(Laylax and so on?!?!)

Not worried about camo or anything as ill paint that myself.
    If anyone can help me out it would be great.
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

The FPS limits in Ireland are the same for every gun.

You can upgrade everything with the exception of the mag latch and the part thats keeps the hop unit in place.

With a stock gspec theres no real point upgrading its one of those guns that will serve you perfectly stock. But if you feel the need I'd go for a tanio-kabio twist barrel after that bring it up to a joule with a laylax 100sp spring tbh with the one joule limit your done that should get.

Different manufacturers are better at some parts then the other like laylax make a better trigger while pdi make a better barrel. If going abroad this would be a VERY good (and mad expensive setup) some of the stuff is just there for the overkill factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

The FPS limits in Ireland are the same for every gun.

You can upgrade everything with the exception of the mag latch and the part thats keeps the hop unit in place.

With a stock gspec theres no real point upgrading its one of those guns that will serve you perfectly stock. But if you feel the need I'd go for a tanio-kabio twist barrel after that bring it up to a joule with a laylax 100sp spring tbh with the one joule limit your done that should get.

Different manufacturers are better at some parts then the other like laylax make a better trigger while pdi make a better barrel. If going abroad this would be a VERY good (and mad expensive setup) some of the stuff is just there for the overkill factor.

Jesus that was quick and some setup in that link?!?!:eek:
    Thanks for clearing all that up for me.
    Just one more question...Is it possible to feed a longer inner barrel through the silencer?!?!I really want to do that for increased accuracy.(plus i think it looks ridiculous without the silencer and dont want that extra length going to waste)
    PS. I have one part from that link....THE SCOPE haha its really nice
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Troyad21 wrote: »
    Just one more question...Is it possible to feed a longer inner barrel through the silencer?!?!I really want to do that for increased accuracy.(plus i think it looks ridiculous without the silencer and dont want that extra length going to waste)
    Thanks again.
    yes you could have the barrel going into the silencer but the barrel would have to be the right legth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Thanks again.

Yeah I know its a mad setup....... AND I MUST HAVE IT!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Thanks again.

If you're going to thread a longer barrel through the silencer, you'll negate one of the G-Specs main features. There are other VSR variants without a silencer but the G-Spec is regarded as the best for our 1J limit because the silencer reduces the output sound so dramatically, and with our (relatively) short ranges being silent is the best feature you can have.
    The extra six inches of barrel won't give you enough of an increase in accuracy to warrant losing that silencer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Hey lads,
    Im new to the sniping game and got my hands on a VSR .
    Its seems pretty good as standard but i really want to upgrade it to the max.
    Could anyone tell me:

Is FPS limit is same across the board or can it be higher for a bolt action spring rifle?!?!
    How many components are there in the rifle to upgrade?!?!(i took it apart and doesnt look too complex).
    Which parts are priority?!?!
    Any recommendations on manufacturers of parts?!?!(Laylax and so on?!?!)

Not worried about camo or anything as ill paint that myself.
    If anyone can help me out it would be great.
    Thanks a lot.
    Ok, Firstly, its all 328 as has been said... so your advantage is in barrel and hop...
    To upgrade....

Cylinder
    cylinder head
    spring guide
    spring (some makes are more consistent)
    piston
    piston head
    hop unit
    barrel
    trigger seer
    piston seer
    spring guide bar

other than those, theres not much to do. I recomend laylax parts.

When you upgrade, upgrade the barrel and hop, then the seers, and do the cylidner parts all in one go. Doing them at different times will create uneven wear with parts of different tollerances, its why i prefer one brand of parts too... its all slightly silkier inside the gun... a big help in accuracy and longevity too...

Ok, I'm going to say this now. Putting 6 inches of barrel through your silencer as dex said, reduces one of the main features, ie, its quiet. BUT, 6 inches extra is relatively pointless. I've never seen the advantage in gbbs, aegs, or bolties... A tightbore and good hopup will make it perform exactly the same at that fps frankly.... 6 inches extra or not. Dont bother.

Advertisement