Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Fox

• 16-08-2009 4:17am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Last night I dreamed about a Fox. In my dream, I first noticed him stalking me as I walked alone home after a night on the town. He was often in the shadows, but every now and then, I would catch a glimpse of a nose about a corner, dark eyes, and pointy ears, or a tail just before disappearing around a building. Caught in half-breath, with heart racing, it was then that my alarm woke me.

I wasn't reading about foxes before going to sleep that night, I do not have a red riding hood (it would be French blue if I had one!), and I don't sleep with non-human animals! So I realise that's not much information to go on, but any interpretations?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Last night I dreamed about a Fox. In my dream, I first noticed him stalking me as I walked alone home after a night on the town. He was often in the shadows, but every now and then, I would catch a glimpse of a nose about a corner, dark eyes, and pointy ears, or a tail just before disappearing around a building. Caught in half-breath, with heart racing, it was then that my alarm woke me.

I wasn't reading about foxes before going to sleep that night, I do not have a red riding hood (it would be French blue if I had one!), and I don't sleep with non-human animals! So I realise that's not much information to go on, but any interpretations?:cool:

You realise foxes are harmless to anything that aren't rabbits or a few other small mammals? Other than that em...fairly random dream...anything scaring you lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Hmmmm....interesting dream, Blue. What does the Fox symbolise and more importantly, why is your heart racing when he is following you?

To the first, I would answer, the Fox traditionally symbolises craft and guile and sneakiness. In your own situation, how can you apply this? Is there anything that is bothering you at all?

Now, this panicked state you were in before you woke up...do you get like this often during the day? Why did this Fox provoke such a reaction? As Adro947 says, Foxes are harmless creatures (to humans), and indeed are thought by many to be cute handsome creatures. Why did this particular Fox evoke such a panicked reaction?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Adro947 wrote:
    anything scaring you lately?
    Well, I know better than to walk home alone after a night out, but a bunch of us had partied late at a nearby pub recently, I had one pint too many, and had stumbled home. So maybe doing something foolish like that worked its way into my dream as a caution?

Would this be an example of active dreaming, but with a twist? Where in active dreaming you intentionally influence what you want to dream about, but this was not something I wanted to do again? Oh... maybe we could call this "reactive" dreaming? Hummmmmmm?
    why is your heart racing when he is following you?
    Then again somehow I knew it was a male fox. Not sure what "he" symbolizes in my dream? There is this tall handsome Irish lad I've known for awhile and he is kind of a "Fox" (smart, elusive, and very provocative at times!).

Advertisement