Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Side Story Revival (Broadway)

• 16-08-2009 8:45am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, Anyone seen it yet? As a Huge fan of the Movie, I'm tempted to shoot over to manhattan some weekend to see it. Been listening to the new cast recording. Its... Different to say the least. I think its growing on me.

and is there plans to bring it to london? (dublin's way down the pecking order... i think we can safely say :( )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ya know, I've never been a big fan of West Side Story... I think the music is just too much effort for my liking. If I want to listen to something different I'm more likely to listen to Sondheim than Bernstein.

Having said that I'd still love to see it on Broadway to see if I liked it any better! I think it's your duty to go over to see it and report back to us Agent Smith!

I never liked West Side Story. It's one one of those msucials which tries way to hard though that said seeing it live could be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Oh how interesting. It's by no means one of my favourite musicals but I'd still like to see it alright.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ya know, I've never been a big fan of West Side Story... I think the music is just too much effort for my liking. If I want to listen to something different I'm more likely to listen to Sondheim than Bernstein.

Having said that I'd still love to see it on Broadway to see if I liked it any better! I think it's your duty to go over to see it and report back to us Agent Smith!

Its looking likely to be in January!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

fonpokno wrote: »

But there is a Sondheim link in the lyrics..including the song he dislikes most...I Feel Pretty - Maria uses language which with retrospect he acknowledges a poor immigrant would not know. There's your random musical fact for today!

I like WSS, the combination of music, lyrics and setting makes it a whole new story..and not the Romeo and Juliet it's based on. It's not one of my favourite musicals but one I appreciate none the less.

Advertisement