Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving Enterprise a second chance...

Options
  • 16-08-2009 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Since BSG ended and Sarah Connor Chronicles was axed I've been starved of good sci-fi on TV, so I have been going looking for Star Trek episodes that I haven't watched before. Initially I only saw the first few episodes of Enterprise and the later mirror universe double episode.

I have downloaded the first season and have now watched the first 6 or 7
    episodes. I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I reckon there are a few reasons for this. I started watching it again with very low expectations. When I watched it first I expected/hoped for it to be on par with the best of the later seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, and so when I watched a few episodes when it first came out my expectations were unrealistically high.

The other reason I reckon I'm enjoying it more this time around is the downloaded episodes I have have cut out the ****ty theme song! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I really enjoyed Enterprise. It deserved another season or two to come into its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

EnterNow wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Enterprise. It deserved another season or two to come into its own.

+1

Season 5 would have been a real coming of age for the show had it gone ahead. I have all four seasona and I enjoy it.

The mirror universe episodes are great, easily the high point of the series. There are a few other pretty good episodes that stand out, Trip and Malcom stuck in shuttle pod, Kligon ship stuck in gas giant, Archer + Kligon lawyer, future archer forgetting everything every day (one of the Xindi arc). I don't have the name to hand but these are my favourites:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Enterprise: just say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Enterprise: just say no.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

lmao!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hated Enterprise. I hated the characters, I hated the ship.

But, there were some good epsidoes. In the later seasons.

Seasons 1 and 2 were a bit mehish.

Season 3 = WTF?!?

Season 4 was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

It would have been so cool to see the Earth-Romulan war.

People give out that TOS said they used nukes.
    Well Enterprise and Columbia were the only two ships fitted with anti matter devices

Advertisement