Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could the person..

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

who lives in Charlesland with the alarm that went of at 4 am and has been blaring since all through the night, please do something about it.:confused: Can the neighbours call the guards or something.:mad::mad:

EDIT;

It has just stopped. 6 and half hours of that!! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Go for a walk. :)
    Knock on the door though it's pretty certain they are away.

Note through the letterbox instead of hoping they'll read it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

maybe the alarm is still going off 'cos the owner isnt home....and it went off because someone attempted or actually burgled the house.
    OR
    the owner and his/her family are tied up in the house all night as they were being robbed.

did you contact the gardai yourself ? maybe report it to them.... see if they can do anything ? best of my knowledge they can force entry if the alarm is going off constantly (think they might need the go ahead from Fire Marshall/Chief)

I understand it must be a kick in the teeth to have an alarm going off for a number of hours but theres often a reason why it wasnt turned off.

Maybe you should have posted this in R&R (Ranting and Rave section)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Well, i'm in Seabourne across the way but it is still as loud as ever. Must have been an attempted burgarly and the owners are away but you'd think these alarms would go off after an hour or so. It's still going off now.:( It wouldn't suprise me if it is 5 alarms going off at the same time cos it's Charlesland after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Gardai attended an alarm in the court last night around 12. A lot of running went on in the direction of Burnaby lawns. Seems to have gone off at the same time as a firework being thrown. Too much disturbance and damage to trees etc coming from that direction. A wall needs to be built. The Garda could not have even got close to them as it currently stands with the escape route over the stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 matti

jaffa20 wrote: »
    who lives in Charlesland with the alarm that went of at 4 am and has been blaring since all through the night, please do something about it.:confused: Can the neighbours call the guards or something.:mad::mad:

EDIT;

It has just stopped. 6 and half hours of that!! :(

OP - what part of Charlesland was the alarm going off in? I was away for weekend and when I got back about an hour ago, the alarm log said my alarm went off at 4am ish. Upstairs window sensor caused it. As there is no sign of break in, I think cats hit off against window - been woken by this 'thud' against window before and it was a cat.

Go for a walk.
    Knock on the door though it's pretty certain they are away.

Note through the letterbox instead of hoping they'll read it here?

Would love to know if it was my alarm that kept going - obviously being away I wouldn't know - so that I could get it fixed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

It was very windy yesterday. I wonder of that caused it.

Advertisement