Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glock 17 wont slide back.

Options
  • 16-08-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I was cleaning my Glock 17 yesterday and I took off the slide so I could clean the inside of the inside of it. There is little bit under the barrel with a spring on it that looked like it wasent straight so I took it out and put it back in but when I did take it out the barrel itself sort of moved. now all this isint a big problem it wasent a fault with the gun or anything important but anyway when I put the barrel back in and put the slide back on the slide wouldent go back and so I tried to take the slide off again but when I pulled the two tabs down it wouldent come off so now I cant move the slide back or take it off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

that little bit under the barrel is the recoil spring it makes the slide move back each time you fire it the barrel would have moved beacause they was nothing to hold it in place when you took out the recoil spring

it happened to me with my kwa g18c the first day i got it ,i just wiggled it and pushed it around then it came free and the slide was moving

when i took off the slide i took it off half way then pulled the trigger and it locked the slide in and couldnt come back on or off the gun,
    if you just try to pussh and wiggle it it will probally work

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Right so just push and wiggle the bit under the barrel I hope this works thanks for the reply.

edit: Tried that and it didint work is there any other way to the slide off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

i may have got this very wrong, but try pushing down on the square piece of metal that moves when you pull the slide back. Push it down while pulling the slide back. It could just be caught. This happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Thank you very much Sean I pushed it down and got the slide back but the button to make it go forward again wasent working but I was able to get the slide off doing what you said and now its working fine.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

No problem at all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Andrewrob

ye wen i was buying my glock 18c in the shop the guy told me to make sure that that bit of the gun was in correctly or the slide would not fit back onto the gun properly. Glad to hear its fixed :D

Advertisement