Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goals on Sunday

• 16-08-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭

Whats your thoughts on this programme??

I hate it, its so bad compared to The Premiership or Match of the Day.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its on later than the other two repeating in the morning. Thats a plus.

Has no Ian Wright, Motson, Shearer or Lawrenson. Thats a plus.

Kamara is on it. Thats a plus.

Gets decent guests. Thats a plus.

Hasn't got big colourful graphics though. Huge minus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

And what about all the breaks, all the silly talk, having to sit through all the lower level goals, being told about the score before they show the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Its on Sunday so of course they are going to say the score.

Sit through the lower league goals? Its not Premier League goals.

Some decent ads on these days, good to have variety and not just goals.

I don't mind all that, i don't like it because of the lack of crazy big colourful graphics like on RTE and BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The highlight this morning is definitely that pink sweater thrown around Phil Browns shoulders. What is he like.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

having a laugh at that pink top myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I like the show but it was better when the other lad was on it (Can't remember his name) him and Kamie used to be great together, had a good laugh.

Phil Brown is a bit of Poser, the pink jumper over the shoulder matches his fake tan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Esse85 wrote: »
    And what about all the breaks, all the silly talk, having to sit through all the lower level goals, being told about the score before they show the match.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I like the Sky Sports Sunday morning offers - Supplement and GOS. Perfect for sitting down with a big cup of tea, some toast and the Sunday broadsheets and watching. The pace and style of them seem to fit in with a lazy Sunday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Are you a football fan or an English Premier League fan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I like the show but it was better when the other lad was on it (Can't remember his name) him and Kamie used to be great together, had a good laugh.

You mean Rob McCaffrey? He was deadly. I do like it though, far more enjoyable than Premier Soccer Saturday or whatever its called

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

eddiehead wrote: »
    You mean Rob McCaffrey? He was deadly. I do like it though, far more enjoyable than Premier Soccer Saturday or whatever its called
    When he had the tache, he was at his pinnacle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKoFw2aZ7Ek He is Charlie Chaplin-like in this interview with Paul Ince!

A fan of quality football.

I dont wanna see lower level goals, they should have a seperate show for that. Id rather an hour long show of the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I dont wanna see lower level goals, they should have a seperate show for that. Id rather an hour long show of the premiership.

Then you've already got MOTD and Premier Soccer Saturday. I don't see why you're complaining to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Don't watch GOS then:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

You just can't please everyone....

You mentioned two programmes dedicated to the Premier League - stick to them and stop the complaining.

Then you've already got MOTD and Premier Soccer Saturday. I don't see why you're complaining to be honest.
    I've no choice because I work Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

If you work Saturdays, just watch MOTD2 on a Sunday night, or watch the Premiership on the RTE Player.
    I watched the BBC 'Lower League' programme (on after MOTD) last night and the quality of the goals in most cases was just as good as the goals in the Premier League.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    You just can't please everyone....

You mentioned two programmes dedicated to the Premier League - stick to them and stop the complaining.
    No you cant please everyone, otherwise life would be boring.

I cant watch them due to work commitments, so I will complain regardless of what you say, now why dont you answer the original question and stop worrying about me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

eddiehead wrote: »

Thats him, Can't believe I couldn't remember his name. They used to have great craic with the guests. What ever happened to him? Big loss for Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No you cant please everyone, otherwise life would be boring.

I cant watch them due to work commitments, so I will complain regardless of what you say, now why dont you answer the original question and stop worrying about me.

I enjoy it. The banter is good, and they have a nice round up of the goal - I find the Championship goals equally as pleasing as the EPL ones. Kammie is enjoyable, and their guests are usually managers or ex-managers, so it's nice to get an opinion from their point of view. It's not overly done, just simple and that's what's needed for a Sunday morning TV programme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Thats him, Can't believe I couldn't remember his name. They used to have great craic with the guests. What ever happened to him? Big loss for Sky.
    He was a big loss to the show alright. Claire Tomlinson and Ian Payne (is that his name??) just are not the same, they don't have the same chemistry with Kamara. I loved his enthusiasm for football.

He took up a job in Dubai last I heard. I remember his farewell piece on the show.Here's a link to an interview he did at the time.

http://www.xpress4me.com/sport/uae/football/20001796.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Goals on Sunday is quite good. Comprehensive, laid back and can be quite funny at times.

Good guests as was mentioned. These are all advantages over MOTD but I dont think they want to be at all like MOTD, just a relaxed morning show, warming up for Super Sunday!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I've no choice because I work Saturday nights.

MOTD and The Premiership are both repeated Sunday mornings so you don't need to sit through all those dreadful lower league goals anymore.

Advertisement