Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop and 2nd hand consoles

• 16-08-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of buying an xbox 360 off someone who bought it in Gamestop in Sept 08. Do Gamestop sell brand new consoles?

If it was bought brand new then I should still have another 2 years warranty for the RROD problem and my issue then is to find out if it has been registered already, as MS wont fix for free correct?

If it was bought as a used item, then who knows when it was made etc so I better steer clear of it so please tell me if Gamestop actually sell new consoles or just used items :confused:

Cheers! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

The sell new and used consoles, ask them if it has a hdmi port then you know it cant be over 3 years old i think they only came in the end of 07 (not too sure though) plus if he has the receipt it would say used on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

Good point, thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Whatever u do don't buy a used xbox from gamestop, i made that mistake and it lasted thirty mins and got two red lights for overheating.. Overpriced kip of a place anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I bought a second PSP Slim from Gamestop nearly a year ago and it still works flawlessly, i wouldn't buy a second hand 360 though cos they're dodgy enough at the best of times. You can log into xbox.com and input the serial to find out if it's still under warranty as far as i know though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

gamestop themselves give you a years warranty but in that year you might have changed xbox a few times over!

• Advertisement

You can log into xbox.com and input the serial to find out if it's still under warranty as far as i know though.

Great I'll try that if I ever get my hands on a console :pac: Cheers

Bit the bullet yesterday and bought a second hand console that was bought in January this year, not from gamestop though. Everything is still in its original packaging so technically its brand new :) Its the Falcon version so fingers cross it doesnt RROD on me, or if it does its within the 3 years and I get a Jasper as a replacement (unlikely!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Best of Luck!

Advertisement