Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillbillies in Dublin

Options
  • 16-08-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know how long has there has been a Hillbillies chipper in Fairview??? Just passed it today and couldn't believe my eyes!! So so so so happy :D Best pepper gravy sauce ever!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Hill billies is really nice havent been there in a while. Much nicer than kfc. Do they still do buy one get one free on snack boxes on the wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

They do in Waterford anyway!!

Its worrying how excited I am now theres one in Dublin!! Just wondering is it new or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's been there years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Oh my god. How didn't anyone tell me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

vixenbees wrote: »
    Oh my god. How didn't anyone tell me!

Because its sh*t and they're saving you from a faith worse than death - although in saying that, it gets busy with the teeny boppers from BarCode at closing.

So if your in the 15-17 age bracket & find yourself langers drunk in Fairview at 3am 'tis fine.

• Advertisement

Because its sh*t and they're saving you from a faith worse than death - although in saying that, it gets busy with the teeny boppers from BarCode at closing.

So if your in the 15-17 age bracket & find yourself langers drunk in Fairview at 3am 'tis fine.

Its not that bad during the day time. I used to work beside it and found it nice. Nicer than kfc anyway if your into that type of food. But yh i wouldnt go in to the place on a friday or sat night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I like Hillbillies too. Best fried chicken, mash potato and gravy around. I've never seen any trouble in it either. Mind you I like to either take it across the road and eat it in the park or eat it in the car.
    Can't think of anywhere that does better fried chicken, I'd be interested to know where other people think is better.
    Nice clean shop in my opinion.

damn you all and this thread.

Leaves to go to hill billies

humberklog wrote: »
    I like Hillbillies too. Best fried chicken, mash potato and gravy around. I've never seen any trouble in it either. Mind you I like to either take it across the road and eat it in the park or eat it in the car.
    Can't think of anywhere that does better fried chicken, I'd be interested to know where other people think is better.
    Nice clean shop in my opinion.

Damn you :mad: now I'm hoping mad for it too!..

Seriously, last time I ate there it was muck - but gonna give it a try again now!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's been there since at least 2004/2005... I was only 17 when I first went... Love it... Love the gravy!

Used to get Hillbillies and then drive to Dollymount beach to eat it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Now I want hilbilies:(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Its been there since 04 and is a load of rubbish. Rather when it was Rock City or Some Like it Hot.

... I was only 17 when I first went... Love it... Love the gravy!

Dolly'er for the gravy.... Yeaaaa right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Zatman wrote: »
    Its been there since 04 and is a load of rubbish. Rather when it was Rock City or Some Like it Hot.

Rock City dear oh dear.......I remember the days well when it used to be nicknamed "Dismal Diner" by the regulars in Smyths....

Hillbillies not too bad at all during the day, no idea how good/bad it is at night though..

Brgds
    Johnny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Everybody shut up about how nice it is and answer the question..do they still do 2 snackboxes for the price of one on tuesdays????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I assume they only hire married siblings?
    vixenbees wrote: »
    Best pepper gravy sauce ever!!

All I had to read was this to make my decision to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

This thread put the hunger on me so I hoped in the car and down to Hillbillies (nyom nyom nyom) The gravy is so fecking nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

theres a hillbillies in Dublin! what next a statue of Father Matthew!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Going to have to swing by this place on the way home from work (Glasnevin) to check out this gravy now.

stovelid wrote: »
    Going to have to swing by this place on the way home from work (Glasnevin) to check out this gravy now.

Axe them do they still do two for one snackboxes.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Axe them do they still do two for one snackboxes.

I haven't noticed that offer of late Degs as they did bring in bigger sweeping deals in the last few months. I don't know if this one got the chop in order to accommodate the new ones.

Same menu just bigger bundled deals. Good prices too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea right,thats what you told the folks anyway.

I have not had a Hillbillies in a couple of years,I remember it was ok nothing out of this world.I must try it again sometime.Are they a big chain..?

I haven't noticed that offer of late Degs as they did bring in bigger sweeping deals in the last few months. I don't know if this one got the chop in order to accommodate the new ones.

Same menu just bigger bundled deals. Good prices too.

Thanks for that..i havnt been there in ages but the snackbox deal was great value..and the hot wings too *drool*

Yeah it was a cracking deal. But the new deals are good too.

I went to school in Drumcondra and used to spend lunchtime in the Southern Fried place beside Prescotts. It's now an Abbra I think. The sauce is just the same as then. Lovely on the potatoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh sweet Jesus i though Hillibillies was only in Cork, i loved that place soooo much, used to have 4 snackboxes on a tuesday:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yea right,thats what you told the folks anyway.

I have not had a Hillbillies in a couple of years,I remember it was ok nothing out of this world.I must try it again sometime.Are they a big chain..?

I feel I need to protect my innocence here :p !

It was on a Sunday when I was a born again Christian and the girls (strict rules on hanging out with boys :( ) used to drive down and then onto the beach in between services!!!

I went to school in Drumcondra and used to spend lunchtime in the Southern Fried place beside Prescotts. It's now an Abbra I think. The sauce is just the same as then. Lovely on the potatoes.

Texas Fried Chicken..thier snackbox included a tub of gravy!

Degsy wrote: »
    Texas Fried Chicken..thier snackbox included a tub of gravy!

Yeah that's the one....Texas fried. I think it had a few names over the years but it was called Texas during the 80's.
    If I was strapped for cash it would be up to the bakery up past the Cat and Cage where they did huge hot fruit slices (by fruit they mean whatever's lying around) for 13 pence. Which would leave plenty for cigarettes.

Yeah that's the one....Texas fried. I think it had a few names over the years but it was called Texas during the 80's.
    If I was strapped for cash it would be up to the bakery up past the Cat and Cage where they did huge hot fruit slices (by fruit they mean whatever's lying around) for 13 pence. Which would leave plenty for cigarettes.

Thunders bakery?
    I lived in hollybank road and i spent my money equally between derwins offy,kennedys pub,the millmount house,quinns and some like it hot!

• Advertisement

Not thunders. good as it is. But there was another one further up on the next run of shops. Could be a cheese parlour now.

Advertisement