Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillbillies in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Il corvo restaurant..on that block..they do a great calamari starter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Degsy wrote: »
    Il corvo restaurant..on that block..they do a great calamari starter!

Oh God, I love their Buffalo Mozzarella and Beef Tomato starter... yum yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Texas fried chicken in crumlin has gotta be the best chicken in dublin and the best gravy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Finally checked it out, albeit in Clare. Damn fine gravy, must be said. Nicer than KFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rej

This is the worst thread ever.... am trying to loose weight!! Killed myself with exercise today, and now am soooo tempted to blow it all and go get some chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Degsy wrote: »
    Everybody shut up about how nice it is and answer the question..do they still do 2 snackboxes for the price of one on tuesdays????

They do this offer on Tuesdays if my memory serves me correctly! The burger meal deals are brilliant as well.

I'm very happy to read that I have inspired a few of ye to check out the gravy - isnt it unreal! You really have to eat it fast though cos it tends to go a bit gooey if you wait too long or have a long taxi ride home!!

Oh yeah, someone mentioned Some Like It Hot. Are you mad :confused: The chips are terrible, I avoid the place like the plague... Its like they got mc donalds chips and cut them into quarters, they're so bitty and small and thin ugh, not my cup of tea.

Viva La Hillbillies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Where exactly in Fairview is the HillBillies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Across from Fairview Park, just beside the Xtravision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its beside the that newspaper office, think it was called the "Dublin Daily" that was launched a few years ago and failed to compete with the herald. Theres an XtraVistion and a Bus stop, Smyths Pub etc there aswell. you cant miss it.

Id rather miss it though, Ive been in there a few times and thought the food was a muck.

Id rather head a few doors to to the Lotus Garden and get something nice to eat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Masada wrote: »
    Its beside the that newspaper office, think it was called the "Dublin Daily" that was launched a few years ago and failed to compete with the herald. Theres an XtraVistion and a Bus stop, Smyths Pub etc there aswell. you cant miss it.

Id rather miss it though, Ive been in there a few times and thought the food was a muck.

Id rather head a few doors to to the Lotus Garden and get something nice to eat. :)

Dublin Daily....that brings back memories..........never had anything good in the Lotus Garden unfortunately....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

This thread looks to me like a commercial puff. People shouldn't be taken in by shill threads. The Mod should close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

pft not commerical puff at all

I'm heading down to hillbillies later!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

vixenbees wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone know how long has there has been a Hillbillies chipper in Fairview??? Just passed it today and couldn't believe my eyes!! So so so so happy :D Best pepper gravy sauce ever!!

could be cheaper but its tasty and you a daycent feed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

is this like the hillbillies down in Cork where ye can get the Breast in a Bun?

those are some tasty burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This thread looks to me like a commercial puff. People shouldn't be taken in by shill threads. The Mod should close it.

It's weird, there has been 3 threads today about this place - never heard of it before today.

Then, out of nowhere and for seemingly no good reason, you bump a thread that is dormant for near 3 years and dismiss th previous posters as shills...

Interesting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I went to Hillbillies after loads of boardsies raving about it. It was the worst fried chicken I've ever had. I love chicken wings, but the hillbilly ones were disgusting. The chicken burger was woeful too. Any bog standard chipper has better chicken and that's not saying much.

Why did you revive a 3 year old thread then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I agree with Paparazzo; I went in there for lunch once when I worked in Fairview and I found it horrifically salty. You couldn't pay me to go back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

Slydice wrote: »
    is this like the hillbillies down in Cork where ye can get the Breast in a Bun?

those are some tasty burgers

tis same franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Anyone know what time this place closes?- thinking of hopping into the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time this place closes?- thinking of hopping into the car...

Anyone know ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement