Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uggs

• 16-08-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been done to death.
    I have decided I want a pair,I am not proud nor am I ashamed.
    I went into office and was shocked to find out they were 250e,Fitzpatricks on Grafton street's website quotes them at 180e.

Looking online is like navigating a mine field,with the most authentic looking site saying it only ships to addresses within New Zealand.

I did find one site with them for about 100e including shipping and if they are knocks off they look like pretty great ones.

200-250e is abit rich for my blood and if anyone has experience with Ugg styled ones could let me know where they got them and how they are holding up it would be much appreciated.

I know Ugg isn't a protected term and I am throughly confused.

Oh and yes I know they are not exactly in fashion,believe me there is nothing you can say that I did not already say in the past.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I got a pair in fitzpatrick's for 160e, they are the new design for this season, they're called "bailey button" I think and I love them! I bought a protective spray for 6e in the shop too which is working wonders! You should definitely take a trip in there!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

try snugg boots website there were very good and are as durable as the real ones, snuggboots.com i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I'd be careful with the price of the ones on the net as well cos a few of my friends have been stung with added shipping costs when they arrived in Ireland!
    I bought a pair over a year ago in a Chinese shop on Marlborough street in Dublin- they were real, as far as I could tell. They were exactly the same as the ones that were for sale at over €200, but they were only €60. Loads of the girls I work with bought them too- never had any problems with them! They came with tags, Ugg back etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ugg style boots often go funny at the ankle, you often see people walking on the side of their foot.

I wouldn't buy any 'real' Uggs which cost less than 150e, they are almost certainly fakes. Stay away from these most of all as they are cheap knock-offs with really inflated prices. Often the pictures of the knock-offs are of real ones but you get the fake ones. It's particularly easy to spot them if you compare them to a real pair. I'd say save up and get a real pair, will last you much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I bought a pair for 230 last winter... most comfortable boots Ive ever worn.. still in great condition. Well worth it!

Dying for the winter weather so I can wear them again!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Won't these abominations ever die, and go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 milklady

Zulu wrote: »
    Won't these abominations ever die, and go away?
    haha uggs are here for life and they never go out of fashion :-) i saw them in newry a while back much cjheaper,am heading to befast and will be keeping an eye out for cheap ones,any saving is better than none :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Even if they do go out of fashion I will still be wearing them! They are soooo comfortable! Im proud to say I have three pairs :D Different colours for different occasions obviously :]. Dont bother getting the cheap knock offs they dont last! At least the real thing wont fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to suggest that I felt they were still in fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

I got a real pair from ebay last year for GBP£50 from an Australian ebay shop, incl shipping was £85 so bout €100 in total. I think you'd be mad to pay the price the shops charge for them here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I don't know if the actual pair you want is here but they do deliver to Ireland and you'll be paying in Sterling at sterling prices; should be cheaper. There are no duty charges etc as they are coming from the UK, just shipping charges.

http://www.cloggs.co.uk/icat/brdftwrugg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

i bought a pair on the schuh website like 2 months ago they were on sale and after spending christmas n paris when it was -7degrees and 6 foot of snow i figured they would come in handy again this year wen i go back..seriously best investment ever my feet wer d only part not dying with cold..anyhu the tall uggs wer 165 on sale from 250..they accidently sent me 2 pairs and i was never charged muhahahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I think the best thing would be to go up to the North and get them there or if you've mates going stateside, give them a few bob and ask them to buy them, way cheaper that way. I will say that if you're buying them online make sure that you've tried them on in a shop first so you know your size and also a US size 8 is the equivalent of a UK size 6. Well worth the money, I've had one pair for two years and they're still going strong even after the hundreds of miles I've done in them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Lillylilly wrote: »
    I bought a pair over a year ago in a Chinese shop on Marlborough street in Dublin- they were real, as far as I could tell. They came with tags, Ugg back etc.

Real Uggs don't have tags attached, you were had.
    Come on, 60 euro, there is such a thing as 'too good to be true".
    There's guides on eBay about how to spot fake Uggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I bought a pair over a year ago in a Chinese shop on Marlborough street in Dublin- they were real, as far as I could tell. They were exactly the same as the ones that were for sale at over €200, but they were only €60. Loads of the girls I work with bought them too- never had any problems with them! They came with tags, Ugg back etc.
    I can tell you now that those are fake. There are plenty of fake UGG Australia around with a hideous looking UGG sign on the back and they are definitely fake. You'd never get a pair for €60 over here. They are $180 in the US. Give it a while and soon your foot will be sinking to the side when you walk.

OP, you can order from the UGG Australia website, Neiman Marcus, SAKS, etc. if you wish to get them online. However if you get a customs bill, you could end up paying up to 40% of the euro value of the boots + shipping, so just bear that in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

As far as I'm concerned "real uggs" are those made from sheepskin & have the lovely wooly lining, regardless of the name on the heel of them!!

I got a pair last year for around €80, have never sagged to the side, heels have not worn down, I got them plastered in grease on the 2nd day & it come out a dream & over the months has faded out completely, they have never gained the "sweaty trainer smell" like some ppl say they get with theirs. They have been through mud & non stop water, had the dogs chew on them (they prob thought they were some dead manky animal cos they look so bad) & have always come up great. I refused to pay the insane price tag attached to Ugg Austraila & did my homework & located my ones which apparently are made by what was the preferred manufacturer for Deckers outdoor corporation (Ugg Austrailia) for many years.

And yes I know they're as ugly as sin, but I was on my feet from 8am-9pm 3-4 days a week in work last year & just wanted something really comfy to relax in on my days off!!

*!%* forgot who started this thread but anyway if your interested in a pair like the ones I have pm me & sure I'll send you the names of two places I know you can get them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I'd be careful with the price of the ones on the net as well cos a few of my friends have been stung with added shipping costs when they arrived in Ireland!

Where's Marlborough Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

beauty101 wrote: »
    Where's Marlborough Street?

Google Maps is your friend ;)

Advertisement