Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Run?

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any good places to go for a run near Castlebar?

Hilly track/cross-country would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Tough one as they have built up all the on all the roads.

Go down towards the windy gap and once you cross over burren bridge theres an old school on the left. That road (behind the school) essentially goes on for miles with no traffic as no one lives back there. Not sure what shape its in though as its been years since I was there. Last time it was pretty decent because they upgraded it to bring in the equipment for the wind turbines

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

whitey1 wrote: »
    Tough one as they have built up all the on all the roads.

Go down towards the windy gap and once you cross over burren bridge theres an old school on the left. That road (behind the school) essentially goes on for miles with no traffic as no one lives back there. Not sure what shape its in though as its been years since I was there. Last time it was pretty decent because they upgraded it to bring in the equipment for the wind turbines

Cheers Whitey.

I don't know where the Windy Gap is. Is it where the wind turbines visible from town are? Any chance of directions or a map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 char087

its the way to laherdane, not the main pontoon road.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Jaysus-you must be new to town, not knowing where the famous windy gap is!

About 1/4 mile past the sacred heart hospital, there is a left hand turn you can take off the Pontoon Rd.There should be a sign for the windy gap. Go down that road for probably 3 miles and you will cross over a bridge (that's pretty high compared to the surrounding fields).

The school is on the left about 200 yards past that

Advertisement