Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skinnymalink malojan legs

Options
  • 16-08-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Right, so last week I started my my fitness and diet plan. Am female, 5ft7 and weighed in at 10stone 5 lbs.

My aim is to tone up, don't need to lose a lot of weight (have a naturally thin frame) but have that awful flabby/jelly look about me that I want to get rid of.
    Also my goal is to be able to run 10k.

Gym yesterday was as follows:
    Warm up - 10 mins on bike
    Tummy class - 20 mins

Weights - 2 sets of 20 reps:
    bicep curl
    tricep curl
    pectorial machine
    lat pulldown bar
    ab crunch
    Leg weight machines, where u push the weights out with your thighs and the opposite one where u push inwards (really must learn the proper names)
    Squats using fitball
    Waist twist using fitball

After that I did 10 mins on the treadmill - could only run 4 mins without stopping to walk. Did 5 mins then on the crosstrainer.
    This was 9am yest and hadn't eaten so was in a heap by that stage.

Went drinking last night, last night out for a while! Going to have rest day today and prepare for gym tomorrow, going to do my weights again and aiming for 40 mins cardio...

Will update tomorrow.

Any input/ideas appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Went to the gym last night and had a bit of a disaster. Did warm up jog for 10 mins then a tone zone class for 30 mins. At the end of the class I landed funny on my knee and my knee cap moved out of place for a second then back in. OUCH. Thought I was gonna pass out with the shock, everything went black and I looked like a total lunatic - almost passing out from a toning class, how embarassing!

So, am wondering how long I should leave it before training again. It's a bit bruised today but not really bad. Will rest it today and see how it feels tomorrow I guess.....

Diet for the day:
    Brekkie
    2 weetabix with dried cranberries and milk

Snack
    Banana and a few walnuts

Lunch
    Ryvita, tuna in tomato sauce puch thing and a big salad

Dinner
    Stir fry with chicken and veg and rice - don't have brown rice but think I have basmati, is that any use?

Snack
    Cottage cheese with nore ryvita maybe and some fruit

Might as well watch what I'm eating if I can't make it to the gym tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hi. I'm 5' 7", female. Started at 10st 10lbs in mid May & now 10st even. So in a similar boat to yourself. Want to tone up etc. My log is "Newbie jogger/clean eater". It's not very exciting mind you :o. I'm going to see if can get to 9st & if it's a bit too much on the skinny side then I'll stick to 9 1/2st.

I'd suggest googling the Couch to 5K plan & you can print it off & follow it. I pretty much did that & got to the point of being able to run the 5k regularly without stopping. This was a massive achievement for me as I was previously only able to run 1 or 2 minutes.

I'd love to get to 10K as now I'm just in the rut of the 5K, so have to work on that.

Didn't get a chance to look at your list of food you eat, but I found the whole Clean Eating theory very helpful & I follow it the vast majority of the time & maybe eat some crap on a Sat/Sun night but that's about it. You can google that as well but it's fairly self explanatory.

Ok just looked at your diet now & it looks good to me, maybe just see if can add protein into your brekkie also. Throw some nuts & seeds over your weetabix for instance

Advertisement