Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do students get here

Options
  • 16-08-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭

When do NUIG and GMIT start? When do most students arrive in town?

And what are the best places to promote things to them? eg websites that have handy bus-route-maps and links to the timetable? ;)

I know there are forums for each one. But I'm wondering about students who don't use boards.ie, Vaguely considered the good old posters-on-noticeboards approach but there are some big campuses there ... wondered if folks here would have better suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

GMIT 1st years start 7th September, the rest start 14th, AFAIK.
    Regarding promotion, Im guessing the student villages as well as college/Uni noticeboards. Not sure how you would advertise around the villages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

2 people in white suits and neatly groomed hair going around to every door.

"Have you heard the word of the internet?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

NUIG starts on the 7th, first years on the 14th.

One of the best places is opposite Ward's shop, the entrance to the college by the marine science building. Anyone going into town from college has to go that way

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Give the SUs a call about it. They could be interested in including it in their Freshers' info packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Give the SUs a call about it. They could be interested in including it in their Freshers' info packs.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The students never really leave - they just don't go into college for a while.

If you really want to promote stuff to students, sellotape it to a bottle of cider...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The students never really leave - they just don't go into college for a while.

If you really want to promote stuff to students, sellotape it to a bottle of cider...

'cptr

or Buckie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Contact Flirt FM http://www.flirtfm.ie/ the campus radio station for NUIG.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 celebrity

JustMary wrote: »
    When do NUIG and GMIT start? When do most students arrive in town?

And what are the best places to promote things to them? eg websites that have handy bus-route-maps and links to the timetable? ;)

I know there are forums for each one. But I'm wondering about students who don't use boards.ie, Vaguely considered the good old posters-on-noticeboards approach but there are some big campuses there ... wondered if folks here would have better suggestions.
    Check out the college website for a calendar for new and exisitng students. www.nuigalway.ie and www.gmit.ie. www. gti.ie for PLC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Bebo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Posters/Flyers stuck at bus stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

f1dan wrote: »
    One of the best places is opposite Ward's shop, the entrance to the college by the marine science building. Anyone going into town from college has to go that way

I'll 2nd that. Hire a couple of out-going, bubbily students to hand out flyers for a couple of hours.

Advertisement